Hello to other members!

Submit your photos and use this area to tell us who you are
cyp21

Hello to other members!

Post by cyp21 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:52 pm

Hello Everybody

Just a quick introduction. I have been browsing the forum the last few days but could'nt wait to join up.

I got interested in Matt Monro 3 years ago through the brilliant "On Days Like These" which thankfully got me into Matt Monro music.

Just gotta say Michelle is doing a fantastic job keeping Matt Monro music out-there. Also not forgetting Richard and his amazing work on restoring and re-mastering great stuff.

Best
Darren :)

Eman

Re: Hello to other members!

Post by Eman » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:36 pm

Hello Darren, greetings and welcome from San Diego, CA USA. Hope you enjoy the board. Everyone here is nice, friendly and always helpful!! :D

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi Darren, nice to welcome you to the forum. We hope you enjoy browsing the web-site. There is a lot to see and a lot of information on Matt and his music, and generally someone around to help if you have any questions. So join us whenever you can in our discussions and games. :) :)

karl

Post by karl » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Hi Darren,

Good to hear from someone else with great musical taste.

john

Post by john » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:46 pm

Hi Darren and welcome to the forum. :)

Michele Monro

Post by Michele Monro » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Welcome aboard Darren, so nice to have you wish us and thank you so much for your very kind words. I hope you enjoy the areas and make lots of lifelong friends. We have a great bunch on here and it is actually because of the people on the Forum that we started 'Fans Reunited' which has brought so many of them together.
Happy times.

bigdipper

Post by bigdipper » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:54 pm

A WARM WELCOME DARREN AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOURSELF ON THIS GREAT FRIENDLY FORUM
BEST WISHES PADDY

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:06 am

Welcome to the forum Darren. I'm assuming the photo is of Cyprus and the Mediterranean Sea.

You appear to be a real collector of Matt Monro on vinyl, which is a cool hobby to have!

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:20 am

Welcome to the MM forum Darren :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

cyp21

Post by cyp21 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:28 am

paul jh wrote:Welcome to the forum Darren. I'm assuming the photo is of Cyprus and the Mediterranean Sea.

You appear to be a real collector of Matt Monro on vinyl, which is a cool hobby to have!
Yes the photo is from near by town Limassol taken a few months ago.

I do collect vinyl and have a few records and have a wide range of musical types from The Orb to The Beatles and obivously M.M! There are to many artists i like to list. I just enjoy collecting music and listening to music in general. Other hobbies are watching football and autograph collecting and films.

karl

Post by karl » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:12 am

It would be interesting to hear about your other favourite artists as many of us have an eclectic taste in music.
Last edited by karl on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyp21

Post by cyp21 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:19 pm

karl wrote:It would be interesting to hear about your other favourits artists as many of us have an eclectic taste in music.
I like a wide variety of artists to many to mention but my era was the 80's so i do like lots of music from then. I dont like ABBA or any boy bands. I absolutely cant stand anything by Brotherhood of Man. I used to have a big interest in music charts upto about 1995 after that not much now.

Artists i do like
Beatles & solo careers
Manfred Mann (with Paul Jones only) seen live
U2 seen live
James seen live (wow they were awesome live)
Supergrass seen live
Bryan Adams seen live
Crowded House seen live
Sting (gone of the boil after 2000)
Most 80's music
Sheryl Crow
Stevie Wonder upto 1980
Chris Rea
Maxi Priest
Suzanne Vega
Simple Minds
Queen
The Cranberries
Pet Shop Boys
Frank Sinatra
Andy Williams
Soundtrack music
Dusty Springfield (but im not a huge fan)

Theres loads more but thats just so u get a general idea :)

karl

Post by karl » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:41 pm

Interesting list, I like some of the artists you like and many of us are huge Dusty fans.

Lena & Harry can go back much further than the 80's. I like some of today's acts although my heart lies in the 60's but I also remember a lot of 50's music when I was a child and have several 50's compilations.

By the way I did see The Beatles in 1964 and i've also seen The Manfreds several times with Paul Jones and Mike D'abo, Paul is superb onstage. Over the years I have seen many top names including Sinatra, he was absolutely superb!

Eman

Post by Eman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:32 pm

LOL..That's a nice list there, but I'm afraid I like Brotherhood of Man, Bucks Fizz, some but not all boy bands. ha ha!! Very big on Morrissey and the Smiths..so yeah we're an eclectic bunch..I'm a real massive Bay City Rollers fan also since the grade school days!!

cyp21

Post by cyp21 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Eman wrote:LOL..That's a nice list there, but I'm afraid I like Brotherhood of Man, Bucks Fizz, some but not all boy bands. ha ha!! Very big on Morrissey and the Smiths..so yeah we're an eclectic bunch..I'm a real massive Bay City Rollers fan also since the grade school days!!
I thought someone would like Brotherhood of Man. As long as you don't play them next to me im ok. Otherwise i can respect all other types of music as i do like quite a bit of trashy music as the 80's really was very kitch.

I also like "The Sundays" just recently bought 2 of their albums on cd and i like Morrissey too which are indie style music. Have u heard of The Sundays?

Return to “Member Profiles”