Message from Eman

Submit your photos and use this area to tell us who you are
Michele Monro

Message from Eman

Post by Michele Monro » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:49 am

Michele,
 Can you help me please and would you be so kind to post this on the board.
I'm really scared about this. This is the second time it's been happening
and I've already reported this to facebook

Attention: Someone is impersonating me on line and I have already filed a
report with Facebook, Could you all help me and report this profile as being
fake and harassing me. These people are probably from my high school I hate
to post this but please can you all help me -

http://www.facebook.com/emmanuel.cataquiz.5?ref=ts

Thanks
Eman

Eman

Re: Message from Eman

Post by Eman » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:14 pm

Thank you Michele.
Just letting you know I'm keeping strong and trying not to let this get to me, yet it's hard not to.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi Eman--I checked your link out, but could not see anywhere that this profile could be reported--in fact, there was very little information that I could see.

As you have reported it to Facebook, maybe it is best to let them sort it out--it is crazy what some people will do. But I know it is scary--someone took over my Paypal account at one time, but it got sorted out eventually, but it did feel strange that someone would and could do that.
Mariana

Marian

Post by Marian » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:12 pm

All there is the same photo and the school you went to. I wondered if you are getting the same page we are getting Eman, as it says that you only joined facebook 21hours ago. Have you started a new account ? I understand you have been in touch with other MM members in the past.
I hope you can get it sorted out.

Eman

Post by Eman » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi Mariana and Marian,
That's a false account. My real account is under "Eamon" and then my last name. This is crazy! I just received an email from FB saying they can't do anything as the profile isn't in violation of their polices. Yet how could "False Impersonation" not be a violation. How ridiculous is that. I appreciate you all helping out and reporting this.

I've been talking to legal counsels here at work to get some sort of avenue on this on what I can do. Yet they say it's hard as these people are overseas. They did give me a number to call FB and leave a message, however I highly doubt if that will work. Another option is for me to file a report with the local police and then have them call FB on my behalf using the Law Enforcement Option.

Thanks all for supporting me in this crazy time. I 'm already a basket of nerves!!

Marian

Post by Marian » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:10 pm

I see there's a place to block and report the page, would you like us to do this Eman?

Eman

Post by Eman » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:15 pm

Would you please Marian? If Facebook responds to you via email saying it's not in any violation and if you would like them to relook at it do so. It will give you a box to type your concern. What I did was ask them how can it not be in violation when I already submitted all the docments required and this person has stolen my pictures and is impersonating me. I'm just waiting to see what they say.

I appreciate all you guys are doing for me as this is really nerve wracking!!!

Marian

Post by Marian » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:40 pm

I've tried several times Eman, but every time i get to the name of the person who is being impersonated and I put your name in it doesn't appear to accept it and it asks for it again. Any ideas?

Eman

Post by Eman » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:44 pm

Marian I have to friend you in order to have the name populate. I'll PM you my name in FB

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:00 pm

I had exactly the same experience as Marian--if you want to send your name to me too by PM, I will see if there is anything I can do.
Mariana

Return to “Member Profiles”