All new members

Submit your photos and use this area to tell us who you are
karl

Re: All new members

Post by karl » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:46 pm

Are the get togethers always in the London area Marian? Tell me more about them and what you all get up to! :)

Marian

Post by Marian » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:26 pm

I'm sure Marian(a) won't mind me giving you a little information Karl.
Yes, so far they have all been in the London area. The first one in 2007 was held at the Beck Theatre in Hayes and was combined with a show by Matt Monro Jr afterwards.
There is actually a write-up on the evening further down the list of topics below the definitive track list. There are also lots of photos in the photo album and lots from the book launch below the 'news'.
The forthcoming get-together on September 14th was written about at length by Michele in last month's 'News' updates. I'm sure there must be a way of accessing this still. Anyone know how? Anyway, I'll leave the rest to Marian(a) now!
:D

karl

Post by karl » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:11 pm

So is this get together open to anyone?

Also are there any hotels recommended? I know when they have the annual Dusty Day there are but I have never been to that.

Marian

Post by Marian » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Sorry to disappoint Karl, but it was fully booked up in two hours! Maybe there'll be a next time. :)

john

Post by john » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Yes Karl, I did know that, always liked that song, of course Petula Clark recorded it too. :)

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:23 pm

The previous 2 get togethers were in Hayes Middlesex, and several of us stayed at the Premier Inn there. This next meeting is a little different as it is in Kensington, no concert, but is connected with the Paperbacl Launch, and new version of The 4 cd box set. That is why there are guests there--including Tony Christie, Vince Hill, Virginia Mckenna--loads of others, I cannot remember, so places on it were very limited-I think Michele said only 40 places. And although I booked up my hotel ages ago, I got the last single room available at that particular hotel-I was just surprised how busy the hotels in London are.

I am sure there will be another get together sometime--the first 2 were in consecutive years-then we had a 4 year gap until this one. It is a lot of hard work for Michele and everyone-we know that.If you can find Michele's writeups, and the threads for those events, and read a few , you will be able to tell just what a good time we had.
Mariana

karl

Post by karl » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:42 pm

I saw Tony Christie a month ago for the second time and he was great, his voice is stronger than ever.

Too bad this is sold out I may have come down but maybe it's just as well as I would probably stayed on a few days and taken in a show and with my Oz trip so soon it's money I don't want to spend.

karl

Post by karl » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:31 pm

Even Lou Rawls was not a fan of rap, when I saw him he spoke of different types of music then said "And Now We HAve Rap Music But I Wanna Know When The Music Is Going To Come Into It" - it got him a round of applause, Lou was superb onstage!

hpooch

Post by hpooch » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:42 am

Lena & Harry - Please edit the titles of your "One Word Titles" & "Two Word Titles" prefaced by "Alphabetically" as I would like to
appease Karl, a new member who requests this should be done to make playing the game clearer.. He's been accusing me of
"complaining" about his entries he made in the above two categories...................Thanks, Henry
Henry H Puccinelli

karl

Post by karl » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:17 am

Lena and Harry please do not amend your titles for my sake, this particular gentleman seems to think the games are truly important when they are only a bit of fun - as I already told him there are enough problems in our world without getting upset over something so trivial. I also said that I had received several warm welcomes from members but all I had from him was constant criticism which is NOT a great start, perhaps now he'll get off my case! :(

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:38 am

End of round 12.................I'll call it a draw :lol:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Eman

Post by Eman » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:32 pm

Hello Karl!
Welcome aboard!

Eman

karl

Post by karl » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:03 am

Thank you Eman, I have to say I love San Diego. been there twice on a tour but never had long enough to really explore -, I must come back someday!

Eman

Post by Eman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:19 pm

Hey Karl,
Yeah, I'm a native since my Dad was stationed here back in the early 70's. So it's like I practically grew up here! You do need to come back someday and check out our fair city!

Eman

Return to “Member Profiles”