New here

Submit your photos and use this area to tell us who you are
maxine

Re: New here

Post by maxine » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:58 pm

Eman wrote:Hey Maxine another big welcome from me in California just a tad down south from Henry. lots of friendly folks here and hope to see some posts from you!
Thankyou Eman....we were in florida in May...just love Visiting America....everybody mentions our accents lol....and you make us feel so proud for the Royal family....well we love the younger generation...they have saved the monarchy :D ...is your weather very bad yet...snow forecast here for november...so the whole of the uk will be under their duvets lol
Softly, I will leave you softly
For my heart would break if you should wake and see me go.....

Eman

Post by Eman » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Hey Maxine, the weather here is just starting to get cool, so lightweight jackets and jumpers. It really doesn't get that cold here in California but it does get cold during December - Mid March. :-)

maxine

Post by maxine » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:31 am

That sounds lovely ....3 months i could handle lol....we had a great summer here so as we say in uk...must not grumble :D Nice to talk to everybody :D

maxine

Post by maxine » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:33 am

Actually if we play On Days Like These...i always feel like its summer anyway.... 8)

maxine

Post by maxine » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:37 am

ROBERT M. wrote:Welcome to the MM forum Maxine :) .............we will look forward to reading your future posts, you have a lot to catch up on :wink: :lol: ............a few of those loud "bomb" fireworks made me jump tonight :!: :roll:

Hi Robert...my dad was called Robert...well he called himself that after his Dad his real name Pete like my hubby and we have a lovely budgie called Robbie...he was Bella...but then turned into Robbie lol ......

Pebbles was shaking so much last night...we put her Thunder Jacket on ...designed for dogs to calm them and it did take the edge off her nerves poor thing......I must get back to my studies...there is loads to catch up on and I will read the lovely posts :D

karl

Post by karl » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:25 pm

I'm intrigued as to what a dog's thunder jacket is, does it have something in the lining to calm the dog?

The people who's garden backs on to mine had a fireworks party last night but it was at a reasonable time, however some of the rockets to the front of my house were so loud and that's through double glazing and a tv on.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:21 am

Shall we all pretend it's summer again :D ............all join in now............

La La La La La La La La La La La La :D
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:42 am

Nice thought, but for some reason I was La La ing to The Archers :)

maxine

Post by maxine » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:57 pm

john wrote:Hi Maxine and welcome to the forum. :D
Thankyou John ..so glad i found the forum :D

maxine

Post by maxine » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:01 pm

karl wrote:Hi Maxine,

It's great we are getting so many new members in a short space of time.

I feel sorry for the animals with all the firework going off, their ears are so sensitive.

Hope to see you all posting frequently and joining in on current threads and even starting some of your own.

Hi Karl thankyou...Pebbles had another dose of fireworks tonight....we left her a while and I feel so guilty....luckily our bedroom door was open and she scrambled under the bed!....we couldn't see her at first anywhere...I was so worried ...nearly passed out with the fright...but all is well... 8) she's got her Thunder Jacket on which calms animals down somehow and the plug in we have helps her .. :D

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:49 pm

I cannot believe how long we have had fireworks going off --must be about 10 days on and off---just crazy !!

My dogs are not too bad, but I have to make sure the cat is in.
Mariana

maxine

Post by maxine » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:36 pm

karl wrote:I'm intrigued as to what a dog's thunder jacket is, does it have something in the lining to calm the dog?

The people who's garden backs on to mine had a fireworks party last night but it was at a reasonable time, however some of the rockets to the front of my house were so loud and that's through double glazing and a tv on.

It's just a wrap with Velcro that hugs the dog and calms them somehow...it shoes work after a while but ...awful watching her shake....she's got worse with age id say...if i was prime minister :D I'd only allow organised displays ..November 5th :roll: but that's only because my little girls and so many other animal cower in terror...i love to see them ...but hear them.... :(

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:51 pm

Hopefully they sare all done now till next November---although sometimes they do them on New years Day. As I said, my dogs are fine, but my sister dog, he is over 16 years old--he shakes all over--it is awful to see him ! Even though he has medication from the vets. One of my other sister's dogs, used to hind behind the furniture !!
Mariana

Marian

Post by Marian » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:28 pm

A friend of mine has a thunder jacket for her Labrador and says it makes him much calmer. It's like swaddling a baby she says. :D

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:12 pm

Funnily enough, I was looking for a new fleece coat for my dogs on Amazon today--and what did I see--but a Thunder Jacket !!! Is there anythng that you cannot buy on Amazon, I wonder !
Mariana

Return to “Member Profiles”