Hi John- yes we fancied that one also a story about Freddie Mercury coming soon

john

Re: HAVE YOU DONE ANYTHING EXCITING LATELY

Post by john » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:39 am

Yes, it should be good Sandra. :)

karl

Post by karl » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:35 pm

john wrote:We haven't been to the cinema for years Sandra, but we are going next month to watch Cliff Richard 60th Anniversary concert, which is being filmed in Manchester and broadcast live across the cinemas. Have never been to anything like this before, but am looking forward to it, and is the next best thing to actually being there on the night.
John I fancy that too as like you I've never seen a concert on the big screen but no doubt it will be on dvd soon.

I also fancy A Star Is Born with Lady Gaga as the other two were great.

john

Post by john » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:47 am

karl wrote:
john wrote:We haven't been to the cinema for years Sandra, but we are going next month to watch Cliff Richard 60th Anniversary concert, which is being filmed in Manchester and broadcast live across the cinemas. Have never been to anything like this before, but am looking forward to it, and is the next best thing to actually being there on the night.
John I fancy that too as like you I've never seen a concert on the big screen but no doubt it will be on dvd soon.

I also fancy A Star Is Born with Lady Gaga as the other two were great.
No doubt it will be on dvd Karl.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:27 pm

Just returned from a 5 day coach trip to Weymouth in Dorset.Blessed with great weather and had the best time.
What has happened today.It is cold and wet here.
Tonight a trip to our local theatre to see The Nick Ross Orchestra and tomorrow to Chesterfield to Matt Jnr's final tour.

It is all or nothing!

karl

Post by karl » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:46 pm

Sandra wrote:Just returned from a 5 day coach trip to Weymouth in Dorset.Blessed with great weather and had the best time.
What has happened today.It is cold and wet here.
Tonight a trip to our local theatre to see The Nick Ross Orchestra and tomorrow to Chesterfield to Matt Jnr's final tour.

It is all or nothing!
A friend of a friend saw Matt Jnr and thought the duet with his dad was very moving.
I'm afraid the highlight of my weekend is scraping wallpaper, I have done 3/4 of the room and will finish it tomorrow but for now I
am knackered with a capital K up and down ladders and clearing up the mess. Now I have to go cook a meal !!! :roll:

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:39 am

Poor you Karl. Hope you get finished today.

Nick Ross has a very cool young jazz singer with him by the name of Sam Merrick.Check him out he is modelling himself on a very young Sinatra I think.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:16 pm

Matt Jnr's concert at Chesterfield is a lovely show.Matt had the audience eating out the palm of his hands.He puts his heart and soul into it every time we have seen it. Well done Matt ,his trio and very talented support narrator and singer Danni Bentley.

Matt always comes down in the audience singing My Kind Of Girl putting his mike to people to sing.John was one of those people and because he sang so well Matt put his feet up on the seat and told John to finish the song.Then asked his name, got back on stage and announced John as his support act. :D Johns claim to fame!

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:09 pm

So pleased to read that you enjoyed Matt Jnr's concert. We are hoping to see him in November when he comes to one of our local theatres.
Hope John took a bow at the end of his performance and as Matt is retiring could this be that John could launch a new career ☺☺

john

Post by john » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:40 am

Glad you had a good time Sandra and John. :) :)

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:09 am

A STAR IS BORN with LADY GAGA and BRADLEY COOPER they were superb in the roles .The music was brilliant for it's type ,the story was familiar
and we were emotionally drained at the end.Not sure if it is a man's film ?

The 4th remake, the first a non musical in 1937 with Janet Gaynor and Frederic March.The second 1954 with James Mason and Judy Garland (my favourite)The 3rd Streisand and Kristofferson.

Has anyone seen it

Eman

Post by Eman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:31 pm

Sandra wrote:A STAR IS BORN with LADY GAGA and BRADLEY COOPER they were superb in the roles .The music was brilliant for it's type ,the story was familiar
and we were emotionally drained at the end.Not sure if it is a man's film ?

The 4th remake, the first a non musical in 1937 with Janet Gaynor and Frederic March.The second 1954 with James Mason and Judy Garland (my favourite)The 3rd Streisand and Kristofferson.

Has anyone seen it
Hey Sandra, I saw it 3 times already. I loved it for what it is a new version of the classic tragic tale of superstardom. Though my favourite will always be the 1976 Streisand and Kristofferson version from my teens.

karl

Post by karl » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:47 pm

Ordered a new window today for my kitchen.

john

Post by john » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:53 am

Cliff put on an amazing show last night, he said there were 80,000 watching on the cinemas. It started with an interview with himself and some of the crew members, then went on to the first half of the concert concentrating on the 50's, 60's and 70's. There was a small break, then a questions and answers section where people had sent texts in and he was answering them, plus a Birthday tribute from some of his fans, then went on the the second half, concentrating on the 80's, 90's and 2000's. Don't know where he gets his energy from, but what a great night. I know we only watched it at the cinema, but it was just like being there.
Last edited by john on Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:03 am

So pleased you had a good night John and sorry now we didn't book for it. We have booked for the Freddy Mercury .

Return to “Fun & Games”