HAVE YOU DONE ANYTHING EXCITING LATELY

An area dedicated to quizzes and fun trivia
Sandra

Re: HAVE YOU DONE ANYTHING EXCITING LATELY

Post by Sandra » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:33 am

Anyone been to see Mamma Mia-Here We Go Again? We loved it.Nothing will ever be as good as the first but what a feel good film and everyone clapped at the end and came out with big smiles on their faces. :D

Incidentally instead of seeing it at the mighty Odeon we have a quirky cinema built in 1927 in a town called Woodhall Spa where it is half the price. We have an intermission,loads of pictures of old film stars in the foyer,lifesize models of Humphrey Bogart and Laurel and Hardy,Pearl and Dean adverts(although the adverts are new) AND a Compton Organ rising up in the interval playing to us(always starting with the Dambusters March as 617 Squadron were based at the Petwood hotel in the town) :)

The BEST £6 worth of entertainment we have had for many a year.

karl

Post by karl » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:38 am

Sandra that cinema sounds wonderful, full of character unlike the new soul-less type. I've heard the film is good and I intend to treat myself to it on Thursday for my birthday.

Eman

Post by Eman » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:29 pm

I saw it Sandra and I actually loved it. You're right not as good as the first but what fun! Going to see Christopher Robin, the new Winnie the Pooh film today. :-)

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:47 pm

Eman wrote:I saw it Sandra and I actually loved it. You're right not as good as the first but what fun! Going to see Christopher Robin, the new Winnie the Pooh film today. :-)
How was Christopher Robin?

We have just returned from a weekend in Hunstanton Norfolk where we saw the legend that is Marty Wilde. With his Wildcats we had a wonderful evening of rock'n'roll or as he puts it ''a fast moving show with slow moving people''.A packed house,cheering all night and a standing ovation.Not bad going for a 79 year old.If you like rock'n'roll he is on tour so don't miss it!!

Eman

Post by Eman » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:47 pm

I loved Christopher Robin. It's kind of sad (spoiler alert) because as an adult he's more worked focus and needs to get back on track on what's really important and that's family. So with the help of Pooh and company he learns the lesson along the way. I really thought of it as an allegory on today's society where we all seem to be caught up in our work or whatever. I even saw myself in some of the character traits of the adult Christopher Robin.

It's a good film and definitely worth seeing Sandra.

karl

Post by karl » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:56 am

Sandra wrote:
Eman wrote:I saw it Sandra and I actually loved it. You're right not as good as the first but what fun! Going to see Christopher Robin, the new Winnie the Pooh film today. :-)
How was Christopher Robin?

We have just returned from a weekend in Hunstanton Norfolk where we saw the legend that is Marty Wilde. With his Wildcats we had a wonderful evening of rock'n'roll or as he puts it ''a fast moving show with slow moving people''.A packed house,cheering all night and a standing ovation.Not bad going for a 79 year old.If you like rock'n'roll he is on tour so don't miss it!!
Sounds like a great night Sandra, I just came across a live dvd oif Marty's I forgot I had it so I must watch it again.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:34 am

Nice day trip on Wednesday to Flamborough Head for breakfast and the Spa at Bridlington for an afternoon tea.

Tonight a show at our New Theatre Royal in Lincoln called GUITAR HEROES

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:39 pm

Hi Sandra...…..who were the guitar heroes that were featured last night :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:18 am

Hi Robert - It was a guy called Phil Walker who was the leader .See the Story Of Guitar Heroes on UTube. It was fantastic.
We were expecting more Shadows etc but got instead the likes of Gary Moore,AC/DC, Eagles.Santana.Jimi Hendrix.Eric Clapton and so many more rock groups.We did get Bill Hayley,Eddie Cochran,Les Paul and the Beatles.The show is well worth seeing.They used around 20 different guitars during the show to match the artist's tune they were playing.
Luckily we were used to that kind of music having heard it for years through the bedroom walls when our son was at home!
A packed audience many middle aged who had obviously had desires or had been in a group over the years!
Go to see it if it comes your way and it is your 'thing'

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:46 am

Thank you Sandra :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:28 pm

Gary Williams at the Parkway cinema in Cleethorpes. His local area where he returns to once a year to perform for his family and supporters.

He is singing better than ever.The show was called Gary Williams Celebrates 1968.As well as promoting his latest album a lot of the songs were from the likes of Burt Bacharach,Sergio Mendes,Carpenters,the comeback years of Elvis and Sinatra etc. A really nice mix of music.

It was worth the nearly 40 miles to see him again.

His new album is called Treasure Seeker all new songs written by him and John Nickoll

john

Post by john » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:57 pm

The show sounds great Sandra, glad you both enjoyed it. :)

karl

Post by karl » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:49 pm

I'd like to see Gary onstage, have just ordered some of his cd's including the new one, glad you enjoyed the show.

I have just booked for six of us to see Motown The Musical which is on for three weeks in November/December, at the ticket prices
I expect to see Diana Ross ha ha!!!

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:45 am

That show should be amazing Karl. I know you will report on it for us.

Anyone been to the cinema lately? Our latest Silver Screen (we used to be Senior but now Silver!) The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Society
all about the occupation of Guernsey by the Germans and the story of it's inhabitants. A nice watch but not spectacular :)

john

Post by john » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:52 pm

We haven't been to the cinema for years Sandra, but we are going next month to watch Cliff Richard 60th Anniversary concert, which is being filmed in Manchester and broadcast live across the cinemas. Have never been to anything like this before, but am looking forward to it, and is the next best thing to actually being there on the night.

Return to “Fun & Games”