HAVE YOU DONE ANYTHING EXCITING LATELY

An area dedicated to quizzes and fun trivia
karl

HAVE YOU DONE ANYTHING EXCITING LATELY

Post by karl » Thu May 17, 2018 10:42 am

Have you been to any shows, concerts, holidays etc:

Recently I had my first trip to Liverpool, saw Cilla's statue at the Cavern, the Beatles statues opposite the British Music Experience which featured two dresses worn by Dusty on her tv shows and also an excellent musical at the Empire on Elvis - this guy was so good he Was Elvis and the audience would not let him leave so the show over-ran.

This week I saw Thriller which I thought I hadn't seen before but when it started it looked familiar and I remembere3d I saw it before.

Next week I will see Wicked for the second time, last time was in Boston, Mass and from the minute the curtain rose I knew it was going to be great - it was!

July I am taking a trip to Newcastle to see the new musical on Dusty which has some big names in the production including Maria Friedman. Playing Dusty's mum is Roberta Taylor who was Insp GIna Gold in The Bill.

Also, if the musical on Cilla comes near you go, even if you didn't like Cilla this musical is superb. Kara Lily Hayworth as Cilla is excellent and Andrew Lancel as Brian Epstein is also excellent you may remember he was in The Bill as Det Insp Manson. The audience in Edinburgh went mad with applause and everyone was on theirfeet at the end. It was so good I saw it again when it reached Glasgow and I a not ruling out a 3rd time in Leeds later this year.

OK, so what's YOUR news?

ROBERT M.

Re: HAVE YOU DONE ANYTHING EXCITING LATELY

Post by ROBERT M. » Fri May 18, 2018 5:00 am

You have gone and done and watching everything for us Karl :wink: :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

karl

Post by karl » Fri May 18, 2018 8:59 am

ROBERT M. wrote:You have gone and done and watching everything for us Karl :wink: :)
Nah! You have to experience those things for yourself and soak up the atmosphere!

john

Post by john » Sat May 19, 2018 7:40 am

Nothing at all for us Karl. :roll:

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sat May 19, 2018 8:09 am

This week-- Three Billboards Outside Epping Missouri at our Odeon Silver Screen

Such a brilliant film and Frances McDormand was terrific in the leading role.Beware the strong language if it offends you :)

karl

Post by karl » Sat May 19, 2018 4:40 pm

Sandra wrote:This week-- Three Billboards Outside Epping Missouri at our Odeon Silver Screen

Such a brilliant film and Frances McDormand was terrific in the leading role.Beware the strong language if it offends you :)
I've heard it's a good film Sandra, was the language effin' atrocious ? :roll:

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sat May 19, 2018 5:06 pm

karl wrote:
Sandra wrote:This week-- Three Billboards Outside Epping Missouri at our Odeon Silver Screen

I've heard it's a good film Sandra, was the language effin' atrocious ? :roll:

Very much so a friend said it reminded him of being back in the army!!

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sat May 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Karl did you catch the interview with Graham Norton on his radio two show this morning .He had some of the cast and production members talking about the show Dusty. Probably after 11.30 ish

karl

Post by karl » Sat May 26, 2018 4:54 pm

Sandra wrote:Karl did you catch the interview with Graham Norton on his radio two show this morning .He had some of the cast and production members talking about the show Dusty. Probably after 11.30 ish
No I didn't hear it Sandra but a friend rang to tell me after the show ended. Thanks for telling me though. I've kinda got out of the habit of listening to the radio since Brian Matthews passed and I haven't even tuned in to Elaine Paige on Sunday for months, I often put Paul O'Grady on, on a Sunday but the timings of their programmes are not good for me as I'm usually busy

karl

Post by karl » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:56 am

Well this week has been rather eventful, Tuesday I travelled to Newcastle for the opening night of the musical "Dusty". Having seen several musicals on Dusty and not really liking them I was Wishin' And Hopin' that I would like this one. I did not like it I BLOOMIN' WELL LOVED IT !!! Minutes into the show I thought to myself "I'm really enjoying this" and it just got better. The standing ovation was well deserved.
Katherine Kingsley played Dusty and Roberta Taylor (Insp GIna Gold from The Bill) played her mum. I met them both afterwards at the stage door and had my picture taken with them, Roberta's husband the actor Peter Guinness was also there so I asked if he would sign my programme - what a nice couple they are.

Katherine was also very nice and I told her in certain scenes she was uncannily like Dusty, for once the wigs and hand movements are also close to perfection and she also has a great singing voice.

Last night as part of the 40th Anniversary Edinburgh Jazz & Blues festival I saw Curtis Stigers and he was fantastic and also received a standing ovation. Curtis has a good personality and he was backed by a 16 piece jazz orchestra.

So, that's the excitement over for this week.
Last edited by karl on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

john

Post by john » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:34 am

Sounds like you had a nice couple of days Karl.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:58 pm

Pleased you enjoyed this Dusty musical Karl...…….it sounds terrific :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:21 pm

Karl the Dusty show sounded wonderful.So pleased that you approved and enjoyed it.Also Curtis Stigers with a 16 PIECE jazz orchestra that must have been amazing.

Not quite so exciting but a good play at our local theatre called The Nightmare Room from a story by Conan Doyle.A two hander and very scary.
Also the Lincoln Academy Of Performing Arts schools version of LES MISERABLES. SO well done- one of our favourite musicals.

john

Post by john » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:40 am

Glad you enjoyed the play Sandra. :)

karl

Post by karl » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:29 am

Sandra Les Miserables is fantastic, the stage version is so much better then the film which was very disappointing. To date I have seen Les Mis in London, Edinburgh & San Francisco and each production was excellent. It returns to Edinburgh in January and booked to see it in February.

Return to “Fun & Games”