Letter from Raymond Jones

All reviews welcome (but only if they're good!!)
Michele Monro

Letter from Raymond Jones

Post by Michele Monro » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:18 am

Hi Michele,
I've just finished reading your book "Matt Monro - The Singers Singer" and just had to drop you this email to say how much I enjoyed it. I reached sixty years of age this year and grew up to the music of the sixties - the Beatles, Stones, Beachboys etc. and always accompanying them in the charts was the class of Matt Monro!

I don't think I appreciated Matt's music at that time but have since discovered what I was missing. I've subsequently bought and listened to all the recent excellent and rare CD releases you have brought out with the superb sound quality obtained by Richard Moore. Also of course all the recent DVDs which have been remastered are a joy to see.

Congratulations on the book and best wishes for all the excellent projects you clearly have in the pipeline. I look forward to hearing the results in the future.
As I say the book is a fantastic read and a wonderful tribute to your dad. I'll now probably start all over again - but this time with you doing the reading from the abridged version on the CD "Words & Music" which I was holding off listening to until I'd finished the book.

Best wishes,
Ray Jones.
(Stafford, UK)

ROBERT M.

Re: Letter from Raymond Jones

Post by ROBERT M. » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:39 pm

Same here Ray :wink: .........I've got to read the book first, or it will spoil the enjoyment :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Return to “Reviews”