The Book!

All reviews welcome (but only if they're good!!)
4miler

The Book!

Post by 4miler » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:14 pm

I became a Matt Monro fan when I first heard his voice on the famous Peter Sellers LP! I followed his career very closely from then on, bought his records, watched him on tv etc and marvelled at THE VOICE. And today I've performed the full circle because as a semi-pro singer myself I always add some of Matt's best songs to my "Tribute to the Stars of Las Vegas" act.
But now I've just read THE BOOK. No-one, but no-one, could have written this story other than Matt's daughter Michele. It's fully charged with emotion, elation, sadness, awards and all from a daughter's perspective. The opening is written with the deepest of sadness, and yet was so necessary, to give us an insight into the pain and suffering that Matt suffered in his final weeks. But there's lots of happiness too, and struggles, but what comes over as the pages of the book continues to grip you, is the loyalty and closeness of the Monro family.
This book is a gem and I thank Michele for taking the trouble to really give us the real story behind a true singing legend.

Return to “Reviews”