Letter from Kerry Jewell

All reviews welcome (but only if they're good!!)
Michele Monro

Letter from Kerry Jewell

Post by Michele Monro » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Dear Michelle,

Just a line to say that I bought the book 2 weeks ago on a flying visit to London. Now before I go further let me tell you I am not a book worm. A few pages a night to get rid of the thoughts of the day before sleep and that’s me gone.

But I am glued to this wonderful tome. I am loathe to call it a labour of love because it had none of the usual cloying sentimentality that the “labour of love” style would usually give the reader. Rather, it is so well written and documents such a wonderful person, his awesome lovely wife, family and times that it just gets to the spot wonderfully.

The opening chapter had me in tears. You have captured the essence of that awfulness for anybody who has been through those terrible days. I could picture myself by my son’s bed for the 8 days he was on life support and every word you wrote was accurate and to the point. Especially the references to the clock

Congratulations, it is a wonderful and beautiful painting. I’m only up to the recording and success of “Portrait of my Love” , but felt I had to write, so am looking forward to many entertaining nights and memories.

Thank you for bringing the lovely journey back to life for me.

Hope you are well.

Lots of love,

Return to “Reviews”