Letter from Don Crowle

All reviews welcome (but only if they're good!!)
Michele Monro

Letter from Don Crowle

Post by Michele Monro » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Hello Michele,

You asked me to let you have my thoughts now that I have finished your book.........
I really, really enjoyed it, I thought that it was a wonderful story of Matt's journey from humble beginnings to international stardom and his untimely death.
It made me wish that I was more aware of what a fabulous singer he was when he was alive. Also the message that shines through the book was what a friendly ,unassuming , person he was, all the people that knew him say this.

You were right to write it in the 3rd person, it was far better than I,me, Mum & Dad etc.
I also liked the quotes from letters etc in bold type, it really draws your attention to them.

Your book did put a strain on my marriage...frequent cries of " is you head stuck in that book again! " not too serious though.

It was a bit spooky that on the day I finished the book I heard in the news that John Barry had died as he wrote some of the best music that Matt sang. I also saw an interview with Don Black on the same subject.

My thanks to you for a lovely book and my best wishes in all you do to promote the memory and work of Matt Monro.

Don Crowle

Return to “Reviews”