Jane's London

If you spot the news anywhere at all, we would all like to know.
Michele Monro

Jane's London

Post by Michele Monro » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:09 am

Very nice mention on Jane's London site and a very good click through on the word 'book'.

http://www.janeslondon.com/2010/02/born ... ditch.html
Last edited by Michele Monro on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lena & Harry Smith

Re: http://www.janeslondon.com/2010/02/born-free-in-shoreditch.h

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:03 am

Nice to see Janes comments and the info of Matt at hand all much appreciated, but i'm sure that when Sian Williams mentioned Michael Buble, she meant that he was an example of the singers who are keeping this style of singing alive.
I personally think Michael Buble and his recordings had a great influence on reviving this kind of music and others have become popular, like Gary Williams and Peter Grant, and those who perform Sinatra and Dean Martin soundalike shows these days for instance, and The Rat Pack shows
This kind of crooning entertainment in the past 80's and 90's had practically become a thing of the past. :)

Michele Monro

Re: Jane's London

Post by Michele Monro » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:08 am

Matt Monro, Born Free, in Shoreditch

Yesterday morning Matt Monro's daughter Michele was on BBC Breakfast talking about the book she has written about her father.
Matt Monro had the most amazing singing voice; apparently Frank Sinatra said of him, “If I had to choose three of the finest male vocalists in the singing business, Matt would be one of them”.
But Sian Williams likened him to Michael Bublé. That'll be Bublé as in bubble; as in full of air.
Silly woman; has she got something wrong with her ears?

paul jh

Re: Jane's London

Post by paul jh » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:22 am

:) Thank you very much for posting that Michele. You made my day, or should we say, my year. I nominate Jane for sainthood.

I too was bothered when the interviewer felt the need to mention Mike Buble in your interview. But you handled it perfectly, as you handle all interviews just spendidly.

Return to “Websites”