THIS IS YOUR LIFE MATT MONRO

What do you have to swap/buy/sell. The cool place for all your rare merchandise. This is the area where you can put your doubles on the block. Let the bartering begin!
usafret

THIS IS YOUR LIFE MATT MONRO

Post by usafret » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:11 pm

I WOULD GIVE A LOT FOR A VIDEO COPY OF "THIS IS YOUR LIFE MATT MONRO" I THINK IT WAS BROADCAST MARCH 1977. (I HAVE THE AUDIO OF IT).
ALSO A GOOD COPY OF ANY ONE OF THE THE BRISTISH COMEDY TV SERIES CALLED "THE LADY IS A TRAMP'. tHIS IS FROM 1883/84 AND HAD 13 SERIES IN ALL.
WHAT I REALLY WANT IS A CLEAR , UNDISTORTED COPY OF MATT SINGIND THE TILE SONG, "THE LADY IS A TRAMP"
THANKS--ED
edharr@peoplepc.com

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:07 pm

It must be quite an old show if it from 1883, I should doubt if film reels were very popular in those days :D :D

usafret

Post by usafret » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:39 pm

THANKS ROBERT, YOU ARE QUITE RIGHT, I'M REAL GOOD AT MISTAKES LIKE THAT. OF COURSE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 2083/84.
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THAT TO MY ATTENTION>
BEST REGARDS--ED

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:46 pm

Hi usafret, its me again. I think Michele Monro or one of the MM members was after the same information a while ago concerning the This is Your Life programme, as we would all love to see it. I vaguely remember watching it on TV in the 70's but I wasnt a fan then so I didnt take much notice of the programme. But it would be great if anyone has a copy, or for it to be released on DVD one day, I dont know what the copyright situation would be though, as one of the TV channels (BBC or ITV) probably holds that copyright. The programme used to be on the BBC but later moved to ITV. I do remember Sammy Davis Jnr coming on at the end as a surprise guest as Sammy rated Matt as one of the greatest singers he had ever heard, and he was also a good friend of Matts.

My tears will fall now that your gone :(

usafret

Post by usafret » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:03 pm

HELLO ROBERT, YES IT RARE, BUT SOMEONE HAS IT SOMEWHERE.
IT IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT EVEN THE MOST ADAMANT COLLECTORS WILL NEVER SEE.
I'M SUPRISED AT ALL THE "NEW" MATERIAL THAT WILL BE COMING OUT AND SURELY LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT WITH GREAT PLEASURE.
REGARDS--ED

Michele Monro

This is your Life

Post by Michele Monro » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:19 pm

Funnily enough none of the This is Your Life shows have ever been repeated to my knowledge and I do not know why. But maybe one day the BBC or Thames will decide to release some of them.

As most of you know I have been deperately searching for a copy of the Camay advert my father recorded. I did see a listing on Ebay selling a DVD which included that track, the price was over $100.00!!!!!!!
Anyways I e-mailed the guy and needless to say after investigation I am pretty certain it is not of my father, just someone trying to cash in on the name.
When I asked what the ad was like, he said he had never watched it, then he said it was a guy and a woman to a cartoon and he wouldn't know what MM sounded like anyway.
Save your money
If anybody knows or any info regarding a copy of this rare advert please let me know

Steve the King

Post by Steve the King » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:55 pm

Michele, bearing in mind who you are (in relation to Matt), I am fairly certain that Thames will listen to a request from you to run off a tape of the 1977 TIYL programme. I know they used to do this, but not for just anyone - there had to be very specific and valid reasons. I guess it's now whether they still have it archived or not.

You may have already tried, but if not, good luck 8)

Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:20 pm

usafret wrote:THANKS ROBERT, YOU ARE QUITE RIGHT, I'M REAL GOOD AT MISTAKES LIKE THAT. OF COURSE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 2083/84.
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THAT TO MY ATTENTION>
BEST REGARDS--ED
Could that be 1983/84?
You're rushing your life away!

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:43 pm

I think usafret was being "funny" 11 months ago :wink:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

usafret

Post by usafret » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:49 am

YES ROBERT THAT IS RIGHT JUST TRYING TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE WAS PAYING ATTENTION HA HA
USAFRET--(ED)

Jumong Singson

Re: THIS IS YOUR LIFE MATT MONRO

Post by Jumong Singson » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:21 am

Is The Videos Still Available?

Return to “Buy/Sell/Trade”