merchandise for sale

What do you have to swap/buy/sell. The cool place for all your rare merchandise. This is the area where you can put your doubles on the block. Let the bartering begin!
Marian

Post by Marian » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:25 am

Hi Mark,
I have loads of old cassettes I would like to transfer to CD. Can you give us a run down of what equipment and software is needed. Thanks.
Marian :wink:

Chris Kelly

Post by Chris Kelly » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:32 am

Can anyone tell me which albums by Matt are considered rare please. Also which singles and E.Ps. I see many records for sale but I havent a clue. There are a lot of Music For Pleasure type stuff that seems to be very common.

Marian

Post by Marian » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:28 am

Blue and Sentimental Matt's very first album, which was released as both a 10" on Decca and 12" on London, would probably be the rarest and hardest to find. Although of course all the tracks from this album are now available on CD, it's great to have the vinyl too.
I like to have both, and have recently built up a nice collection of Matt's vinyl albums.
I believe Matt Monro Sings Don Black and Softly As I Leave You are quite rare too.
Then there are albums that were only released in other countries like Michelle, Yesterday and This is All I Ask, but do occasionally come up on ebay U.S.
There are a few EPs which were released in Japan in red vinyl, to look out for too.
John has an excellent collection of rare albums, and I'm sure he'll be able to give you lots more useful info and guidance than I can.

Marian

Post by Marian » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:57 pm

I was just checking through on U.S. ebay, and strangely enough there is a copy of the 12" London album of Blue and Sentimental, starting price $19.99.
These come along very rarely. It apparently has a few minor scuffs, but generally looks in good condition considering it's age. :D :D

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:45 pm

Marian--I use the same equipment to copy cassettes, as I do to copy Lp's--namely a cd copier---not one that attaches to your computer, but one that attaches to your stereo. My one is by Sony. It is a very time-consuming job--especially if you want gaps between each track---but worth it if you have some rare stuff on cassette. I have not converted many cassettes to cd's personally--maybe half a dozen or so.

I think there is also stuff available to attach to the computer, but I have never looked at those--mainly due to lack of space in my computer room, but I think better results could be achieved with one of those.
Mariana

Marian

Post by Marian » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:09 pm

Thanks for the info Marian. I shall probably just carry on listening to my old cassettes as I do now, very occasionally! :lol: :lol:

john

Post by john » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:18 pm

I have converted many lp's and singles to cd, like you say Marian it is very time consuming, and very annoying if the record jumps or sticks. The results seem to vary as well, some turn out better than others for some reason.
I think the hardest albums to find are the very early ones, as you say Marian, "Blue and Sentimental" and "Love is the same Anywhere". Then some of the later ones like "If I never sing another song" and "By Request" are rare as well.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:32 pm

I did actually get rid of lots of LP's as they were taking up so much space--but I still have about 200, that I could not get on cd, and I am --very--slowly copying them onto cds--and also trying to get all my 7" 45's onto cd---but it is a long job. I just do ther odd one occasionally.
Mariana

Marian

Post by Marian » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:01 am

By Request was on ebay recently as a 'buy it now'. It didn't sell, so may have been relisted.

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:43 pm

mariana44 wrote:I did actually get rid of lots of LP's as they were taking up so much space--but I still have about 200, that I could not get on cd, and I am --very--slowly copying them onto cds--and also trying to get all my 7" 45's onto cd---but it is a long job. I just do ther odd one occasionally.
I would pay big bucks for a CD of all your 7 inch 45s! I love 45s! :)

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:41 pm

Hi Paul---just spotted this post--a bit late I know--when I get my 45's on cd I shall send you a copy--there may be a few surprises on there--some go back a long way !
Mariana

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:08 am

Thanks Marian -- I'm sure there will be many surprises and treasures. I still enjoy listening to Ooh That Feeling by Johnny Mathis which I believe you copied from a 45. :)

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:35 am

I did indeed--it is still not available on a cd --as far as I know.
Mariana

Mel

Matt LP's

Post by Mel » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:06 am

i have about 22 Matt LP's in sleeves and jackets. if you can put them on cd's and send me a copy of each you can make them for yourselves and also keep the lp's.

Mel

Email: mugel@verizon.net

Mel

Stop Press... Albums on Offer

Post by Mel » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:27 pm

I have the following LPs if anyone is interested.

For the Present
My Kind of Girl
More Heartbreakers
Walk Away (LRP 3402)
This is Matt Monro
These Years
This is All I Ask
Invitation to Broadway
Close to You
Unforgettable
Here's to My Lady
Yesterday
This is the Life
Born Free (Capitol T2730)
The Best of Matt Monro (Capitol SKA0 152)
Matt Monro Sings Hoagy Carmichael
Matt Monro's Best

Thanks a lot
Mel

Return to “Buy/Sell/Trade”