Matt On Wheeltappers

Discussions on Matt's TV performances
karl

Matt On Wheeltappers

Post by karl » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:42 pm

You may already know this but Matt is on Series 2 of Wheeltappers & Shunters Social Club on dvd.

So far there are four series on release and I have them all, not all artists are listed on the sleeve so it's a great surprise when a lot of your old favourites come on like Ronnie Hilton, Susan Maughan, Julie Rogers etc, also some stars I never knew much about but really impressed like David Whitfield who was wonderful.

Another star not famous for his singing is the actor Stuart Damon, he put in a great performance too, I saw him back in the 70's onstage with Jackie Trent in the musical "Nell".

karl

Re: Matt On Wheeltappers

Post by karl » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:09 pm

Almost forgot, Winifred Atwell was also a guest on Wheeltappers - she was a terrific pianist and played a great version of Spinning Wheel.

Winifred is also on the latest Alma Cogan dvd as she was a guest on Alma's tv show and she displayed a nice line in humour.

maxine

Post by maxine » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:03 pm

I saw that one on YouTube Karl ....i used to love wheeltappers on a Saturday night watching with mum and dad....showing my age now :?
Softly, I will leave you softly
For my heart would break if you should wake and see me go.....

karl

Post by karl » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:58 pm

Yes Maxine that show had a lot of good guests, who cares about age - it's only a state of mind.

The show starring Frank Ifield was good as Colin Crompton always had a sarcastic response to the acts. Frank Ifield told Colin he had a new record and asked him if he wanted to hear it, the reply was "Not Particularly"!!! Poor Frank :)
Last edited by karl on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maxine

Post by maxine » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:10 am

karl wrote:Yes Maxine that show had a lot of good guests, who cares about age - it's only a state of mind.

The show starring Frank Ifield was good as Colin Crompton alwayshad a sarcastic response to the acts. Frank Ifield told Colin he had a new record and asked him if he wanted to hear it, the reply was "Not Particularly"!!! Poor Frank :)

Karl I've just seen this post ...i realised last week i can tick a box to see when posts responded :roll: Yeah my Dad used to crack up at that fella..they had some good comedy acts on them i remember ...just about :lol: I was ten ...I did watch repeat a couple of years ago or maybe more on one of the satellite channels ...I swear it took me right back and I was ten again :D
Softly, I will leave you softly
For my heart would break if you should wake and see me go.....

Return to “Matt on TV”