This Is Your Life

Discussions on Matt's TV performances
ROBERT M.

Re: This Is Your Life

Post by ROBERT M. » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:19 am

That was absolutely brilliant :D ...........Matt is so humble, and has such a great sense of humour :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:36 pm

Glad you caught up with it Robert, as I know you could not be at Fans reunited to watch it--plus all the other Forum members who did not see it then. A big thank you to Mike who spotted it originally.

I am not sure though what Michele and Richard will think about it being on Youtube....
Mariana

Marian

Post by Marian » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Yes, thank you Mike, what a find. Lovely to see it again!

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:58 pm

I won't repeat what Michele said when I told her!

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:34 am

Not surprised really.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:37 am

Thanks Mike and Marian :D :D :D

karl

Post by karl » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:51 am

Just tell us if it made you blush Richard!!!! :oops:

Matt The Maestro

Post by Matt The Maestro » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:19 pm

mike wrote:
karl wrote:Does anyone have the complete This Is Your Life on dvd they could copy for me?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JHI5nEVjG0
I uploaded it to you tube, and yes i have it on dvd

Matt The Maestro

Post by Matt The Maestro » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:25 pm

I uploaded Matt Monro. This Is Your Life to You Tube,
and i have it on a dvd.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:03 pm

I had been intending to do that, but although I have done it in the past, I have forgotten how to do it now, although I think I still have the software installed.
Mariana

Marian

Post by Marian » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:43 am

Do you mean that you have 'This is Your Life' on a DVD and from this you uploaded the two halves to You tube Matt? If so, it would be interesting to know where you got the DVD from?

By the way, welcome to the forum Matt the Maestro. I take it you must be a big follower of Matt's music. :)

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:11 am

I took it that Matt the Maestro had taken it from Youtube to dvd, not the other way around--as I think I saw a different name for the credits who listed it. But I could be wrong, as I always get my downloading and uploading confused.
Mariana

Michele Monro

Post by Michele Monro » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:53 pm

I am really disappointed to see that the This is Your Life DVD has been posted to YouTube. This is something that has been protected for years and it is actually because of these postings that the items get devalued. The programme is heavily copyright protected by Freemantle who own that part of the Thames achieve and I am hoping they will be as vigilant as they have in the past at policing their property.

With the advent of internet piracy and illegal downloads on the Internet it is important that I take the appropriate steps to protect the Matt Monro name. Even though Bound For Texas is officially 'public domain' we opted not to use it on the new album as we didn't get permission from Universal. It boils down to the fact that they can't find their own paperwork that proves ownership. We could have ignored them, one because of the PD situation and two because Universal are in the middle of buying EMI so they would technically have been selling it to themselves but EMI and I decided against it because of a code of conduct and business ethics. It is only because Matt Monro is still a saleable commodity that I have been allowed to bring my ideas to the table and over the years I think you'll agree there have been some wonderful additions to the catalog. If there is no interest in an item, because it has been readily available on the web, then I become defunct.

I have been vigilant over the years at keeping the price on dad's work at an affordable price, in fact at times I feel an album has been sold too cheaply but at least we have had the items out there. If there was any chance of getting the TIYL programme released officially in the future, this is typically one of the reasons the idea could be dead out the water because demand would be diluted.

I might appear to be a 'party pooper' but I have spent the last 27 years trying to protect dad's legacy and ensure that everything made available to you the fans comes out in the best possible quality. We can do that because we have had control over the work. The reason Richard Moore is so important to the Estate is because he is instrumental in ensuring this happens and I think you'll agree that the releases, especially in the last six years, have been wonderful.

I would ask that anyone who has now downloaded the programme keeps it under wraps although I fear the damage has already been done.

Many thanks
Michele Monro

karl

Post by karl » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:36 pm

Michele although it was great to see Matt on TIYL, I would never dream of downloading that or any other artist as I am SO AGAINST the practice and wish it had never been invented as I much prefer buying the cd, dvd or blu ray.

I don't think anyone here would download anything of Matt's as we all prefer to have the commercial product in our colletions.

I hope the person who uploaded the show in the first place now deletes it.

Michele Monro

Post by Michele Monro » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Thanks for your support Karl.

Return to “Matt on TV”