This Is Your Life

Discussions on Matt's TV performances
Matt The Maestro

Re: This Is Your Life

Post by Matt The Maestro » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:29 pm

i,m sorry for uploading it to you tube ,i thought all the Matt Monro fans would enjoy seeing it,
but if i.ve upset you Michele, i,ve deleted the videos from you tube ,I am very sorry for this.

karl

Post by karl » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:28 pm

We very much enjoyed seeing it but it's better to delete it for Michele's sake.

hpooch

Post by hpooch » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:59 am

The complete "You Tube" Video of Matt's "This Is Your Life" has been removed by User......Why was it done?
Any Forum member have the complete Video?
Henry H Puccinelli

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:50 am

That is the whole problem Henry--we all thought that it was completely unavailable--I have no idea if anyone downloaded it, I know that I didn't--but I also know that Michele does not want it be passed on, so if anyone did download it, then I am sure they would respect her wishes.
Mariana

Seb Lassandro

Post by Seb Lassandro » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:37 pm

I was very surprised to see the show on YouTube!

I've had a copy of this show for over a year, but have kept the secret well to my chest after speaking to Michele about it, and not wanting any trouble/knock-on-effect for any of her wonderful releases.

I don't know where these things turn up from to be honest. I know where my copy came from -and I know that no others came from that source for a fact...BUT its funny where these things turn up. I know a chap on eBay was selling 100s of TIYL editions a few months ago, and Parkinson shows (where I finally managed to track down Gracie's episode).

I think the problem is mainly in this digital world that company's AREN'T vigilant enough with copyrights YouTube is an excellent place, but the amount of illegal stuff on there is absolutely astounding. AND, I don't really have room to talk -uploadng Gracie Fields and Elaine Paige recordings to there...But still, if the boundaries were made clear enough then it wouldn't be done by anyone.

I am glad that some other fans did get to see the show though, but it's a pity it wasn't done 'properly.'

Now is a good time to mention though Michele's wonderful contribution to the 'This Is Your Life' history website, for those of you who may have missed it:

http://www.bigredbook.info/matt_monro.html

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:31 pm

I wish I had known about the other "This is your life"--apart from Matt, there are 2 that I would love to get hold of.
Mariana

karl

Post by karl » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:33 pm

I think the boundaries are clear enough, you don't upload anything that is copyright!

Seb Lassandro

Post by Seb Lassandro » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Absolutely, but still the moderation is far too poor!

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:17 pm

It can be very tempting though--especially when it is something that is impossible to get hold of any other way--and if it is for your own private use---and definately NOT to be sold on, then I cannot see too much harm in it.
Mariana

karl

Post by karl » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:43 am

I get your point Marian, buit although anyone may do such a thing for a friend you never know if they will pass it on, and so it goes.

There are clips of Dusty that are on Youtube that many of us have never seen before and yet all that could be found is supposed to have been released, it makes me wonder where people find such treasures?

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:31 am

Exactly---I have seen clips of Johnny Mathis from way back, that I have never seen before--even though I have videos etc from Us , Canada, Australia--but then something comes up out of the blue, and you think-where has this been all the time !!

Talking of copyright problems--I recently posted a photo of JM on Facebook--my own photo-totally unique--from way back, and I did quite a few copies for friends---one of these friends then passed it on to another friend--who in turn did dozens of 12" x 8" copies, and sent them to JM fans all over US. I was so angry, and next time I saw her, I reminded her that she should never have done this, and that I had every right to ask foir all those photos to be returned and destroyed--after many apologies, I let the matter go, saying that if she did it again she would be in serious trouble---but it was many, many years before I spoke to her again
Mariana

karl

Post by karl » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:16 pm

I know what you mean and if the star in question heard about it they may not be too happy.

Eman

Post by Eman » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:51 pm

Marian, was that the cool photo on your FB page? Your friend should have asked you first, proper courtesy. That really blows!!

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:41 pm

Yes, Eman, it was that photo---and yes firstly she should have asked--and I may not have agrred, but if I had I would have made sure that she told everyone that it was my photo-not hers !!

And yes, I could have taken ot further--but deep down she has a good and generous heart.
Mariana

Eman

Post by Eman » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Mariana, that's true. I really did like the photo as it's a candid shot and up close also.

Return to “Matt on TV”