Song details and listings.

Got a great idea? Why not share it with us
John Jenkinson

Song details and listings.

Post by John Jenkinson » Thu May 04, 2006 11:40 pm

Hi there, Is there any way that we could get a list of a arrangers for the songs, perhaps next to the song listings. With such wonderful arrangements, I think it would great to have a reference on who played such a massive part in Matts sucsess. And also could we have the recording dates, it is really interesting finding out which songs were recorded at the same sesions, and which were recored first etc. I know this is a pretty big task, but it needn't be done all in one hit. I know how much this would be appreciated by us all!
Thanks in anticipation,
John.
Americans are very good at this kind of thing, but as in most things...........British is Best!

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:16 pm

I feel this detail should be provided with every CD release. I love reading all this detail (over and over again), but I know many people who don't even open the CD booklet.

The EMI two LPs on one CD series is excellent, because they provided the original artwork, the songwriters/composers, producers, arrangers, and liner notes (albeit in very small print).

Hopefully this detail will be provided for this year's upcoming releases.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:19 am

Hello Paul. I agree with you on this point, half the fun is reading all the detail's contained in the CD booklet. It's just a pity a lot of CD releases do not contain very much information, if any at all.
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:07 pm

Hi John, Paul, Robert and all, we agree that we like to have this added and essential information that goes with songs, of the arrangers and the years.
Some are better than others, for instance we appreciate the added booklet that comes with Readers Digest CDs. :)

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”