Review

mark porter

Review

Post by mark porter » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:59 am

What a fantastic evening at St Julians Newport South Wales .An hour of wonderful anecdotes and stories from Michele, and some rare tracks of Matts along the way, kept the capacity audience regally entertained. A question and answer session followed hosted by Jeff Hooper , which gave us a little more insight into the life of The Singers Singer.

Jeff concluded by singing a medley of songs made famous by Matt, well chosen songs, and beautifully performed.

All in all it was a very special evening for Newport Nostalgia Music society, and the chairman Mick White concluded that it was the best event the society has had since its formation.

Sandra

Re: Review

Post by Sandra » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:33 pm

SO PLEASED that it went so well Mark and that you were able to be there plus Edgar and his wife.
Michele had a wonderful time according to her Facebook page.
Jeff Hooper is a super singer and personality.Mick White is a great guy too as
he is also chairman of our Syd Lawrence Music Society.
Wish we could have been there.

Sandra and John :D :D

Edgar

Re: Review

Post by Edgar » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:26 pm

I am in complete agreement with Mark who was sitting in the row in front of us. I can only reiterate what he has said. A wonderful evening of nostalgia and great music from a true artist on disc and a superb talent in Jeff Hooper whom we had previously met on a cruise. Jeff is a charming man and a superb singer. Michele was in excellent form on the night, and I also previously listened to her interview with Roy Noble on BBC Wales which came over really well. Everybody in the club was very welcoming and if there was one negative it was this. I live in Cardiff and visit Newport fairly often, but I had a bit of difficulty in finding the venue as it just off a motorway exit where you cannot exit (if you know what I mean!) Than goodness for Sat Nav and even then I missed the turning!! But it was worth going and we both enjoyed the evening. Thanks again Michele.

(And I won a teddy bear in the raffle)

Return to “Friday 2 July 2010 - Newport Nostalgia Music Society”