Melissa Manchester

What are you playing in the background.
karl

Melissa Manchester

Post by karl » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:05 pm

Any fans of Melissa on here?

I first heard of her in America, she has a reaslly good strong voice and has made some great records over the years, however in recent years she has gone rather quiet.

I once saw her in concert on American tv and was very impressed, oen of my favourite songs by her is often played on the radio called "You Should Her How She Talks About You" which is really catchy. Another great song is "For The Working Girl"

Eman

Re: Melissa Manchester

Post by Eman » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:05 pm

Hey Karl,
I'm a fan. My brother saw her in concert at Disney/Eppcott Florida in March. He said she was real good. He even called me at work to let me hear part of the concert!!

Eman

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:52 pm

Strangely enough-on my new Barry Manilow Duets cd arrived Saturday--the first track is with Melissa Manchester--"You've got a friend".

I also have a cd of Johnny Mercer songs with Johnny Mathis duetting with Melissa Manchester--not sure of the song-could be "Glow worm "--but the cd is not where it should be !!

Apart from thst, I know nothing abouit her.
Last edited by mariana44 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mariana

Eman

Post by Eman » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:26 pm

mariana44 wrote:Strangely enough-on my new Barry Manilow Duets cd arrived Saturday--the first track is with Meliaa Manchester--"You've got a friend".

I also have a cd of Johnny Mercer songs with Johnny Mathis duetting with Melissa Manchester--not sure of the song-could be "Glow worm "--but the cd is not where it should be !!

Mariana, she's of the 70's singer songwriter genre. She wrote and sang "Midnight Blue", "Looking Through The Eyes of Love from the movie Ice Castles", "Don't Cry Out Loud". She also sang "Come In From The Rain" which Diana Ross and The Captain and Tennille did. A famous song she did was "Whenever I Call You Friend" which was written and performed with Kenny Loggins of Loggins and Messina fame.

Manillow's Duet Cd is pretty good! You'll love it!

karl

Post by karl » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:21 pm

mariana44 wrote:Strangely enough-on my new Barry Manilow Duets cd arrived Saturday--the first track is with Meliaa Manchester--"You've got a friend".

Marian Melissa is great, she has a very powerful voice. I first heard of her when I was in Boston and brought some of her albums home, I also saw her on tv in concert whch was really good. One of the songs I love is called "You Should Hear How She Talks About You" it's on the radio sometimes and it's very catchy, make you wanna get up and boogie :lol:

Eman

Post by Eman » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:47 pm

karl wrote:

Marian Melissa is great, she has a very powerful voice. I first heard of her when I was in Boston and brought some of her albums home, I also saw her on tv in concert whch was really good. One of the songs I love is called "You Should Hear How She Talks About You" it's on the radio sometimes and it's very catchy, make you wanna get up and boogie :lol:
Karl, that is a great tune to dance to! The still play it in the retro clubs and also her medley of "My Boyfriend's Back/Runaway".

karl

Post by karl » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Yes that's a great one too, even I dance to Melissa! 8)

Eman

Post by Eman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:53 pm

karl wrote:Yes that's a great one too, even I dance to Melissa! 8)
I would like to see that!! :lol: Shake your groove thang, Karl!!! :lol:

Rob H

Post by Rob H » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi Karl, Do you have " The Music of Goodbye" (Love Theme From "Out of Africa") Performed by Melissa and Al Jarreau. Music by John Barry and Lyrics by Alan & Marylin Bergman ? Not played on the film soundtrack but on the 1985 MCA Soundtrack DMCF 3310
Rob H

karl

Post by karl » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:37 pm

No I don't have that one I ony have Melissa's own albums and cd's.

I see you are (like me) from Scotland!

Rob H

Post by Rob H » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:30 pm

West of Scotland in Argyll.
Rob H

Eman

Post by Eman » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:28 am

Hi Royal Navy! Hope you are doing well! :D

Rob H

Post by Rob H » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:00 am

Hi Eman, Both parents have been seriously ill and in hospital etc etc, hence the reason being off the radar for sometime!
Rob H

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:16 am

I know part of the West Coast in Argyll--Cambelltown, Inverarary, Lochgilphead, Ardrishag, but mostly Tarbert,Loch Fyne. where I stayed many times with my friend. I loved it there--but it used to take ages--3 hour bus from Glasgow--but I think there is a new road now, makes it quicker.,
Mariana

Rob H

Post by Rob H » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:05 pm

I'm near Helensburgh beside the Clyde. I travel to all those places on a working day, covering in the region of 140 to 300 miles. My vehicle switches to automatic pilot!
Rob H

Return to “What are you listening to:”