Monday 7 June - KGAL Radio, Oregon - Ray Pietz

Administrator
Site Admin

Monday 7 June - KGAL Radio, Oregon - Ray Pietz

Post by Administrator » Sun May 30, 2010 2:56 pm

With my book being released in the United States of America last week I am delighted to have been invited on one of the most popular radio shows in Oregon. Ray Pietz of KGAL NewsTalk 1580 is going to be talking to me on his show 'Valley Talk' on Monday 7 June at 11.00am (Pacific) or 7.00pm (British).

http://www.kgal.com/

Rmoore

Re: Monday 7 June - KGAL Radio, Oregon - Ray Pietz

Post by Rmoore » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:36 pm

Archived here:-

http://mattmonro.com/Radio/KGAL.mp3

Many thanks to Marian Down for finding this one - There was no live feed, but Marian found this as a podcast.

Richard

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:08 am

Listening to this interview now, a bit of a buzz on it, but thank you Marian for finding the podcast :) ................funny when the phone went off :lol: .................the presenter another big Matt fan :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:45 am

Yes the feed is odd. This is a MW only station I believe and I suspect that the recording was actually made off air from a MW radio!

It was then encoded at a low bit rate too so is never going to sound very good but at least we have it!

Richard

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:26 pm

In the above interview the Steve Lawrence version of Portrait of My Love is mentioned..........here it is to compare with Matts...........I know whose version I prefer..........some of the comments are a bit "odd" as many prefer Steve's version ............not me :) ...........also, it sound's like Liberace is going overboard on piano :!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNqLZ0KlUpQ
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:15 pm

Yes, the sound wasn't perfect but you are right Richard ..we have it and as long as our American friends can hear it, that's what matters, and thanks also to Marian for managing to find the ipod.
Talking of "Portrait Of My Love " ...it's Matt's song and unbeatable and matchless. However we have a fair bit of Steve Lawrence music including Portrait and he still does a great job with this song in his own style.
"Walk Away" another song that Matt simply owns. As far as I know, the only other singer brave enough to record this was Al Martino. Again his version is fantastic.
Brenda Lee made a great recording of "Walk Away" too.
Frank Sinatra recorded a song called "Walk Away ", but this is an entirely different song, different lyrics. Not a patch on Matt's.

Return to “Monday 7 June 2010 - KGAL Radio, Oregon - Ray Pietz”