May news

This area is only for the latest mattmonro.com news. Please submit anything else in the appropriate
categories and headings listed further down
maureen & harry

Re: May news

Post by maureen & harry » Mon May 01, 2023 12:52 pm

Thank you Richard for the May news and hope Michele is enjoying being back on the high seas.

It will be just great if Universal will release the Capitol Albums on CD (fingers crossed for a Yes).

We will certainly look forward to hearing what the unreleased recording is.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Fri May 12, 2023 9:22 am

Yes thank you Richard for the May news. Like Maureen and Harry we have everything crossed for the new release.

We also hope that Michele is now able to enjoy the cruise after her fall :(

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sat May 04, 2024 9:06 am

May 2024 News is up

Christine Hampshire

Post by Christine Hampshire » Mon May 06, 2024 4:15 pm

Thank you for the good news Michele and that you are a lot better.

And also enjoy your next cruise xx

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Tue May 07, 2024 12:29 pm

Michele does state “a brand new single release” …….I assume she means a brand new video release of one of Matts previous singles.
But wouldn’t it be great to have a brand new single released by Matt that we could actually buy or download hoping for another Matt Monro song to enter the singles chart 😀
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Tue May 07, 2024 11:24 pm

Michele does mean a new "Single" release in other words a single track released for the first time, but is a smidge previous as we've not gone through what we have and chosen anything yet! We have a selection of long-unheard radio material, I don't think it's likely to be a chart hit.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed May 08, 2024 11:47 am

Thanks Richard….. will the song be a brand new song to us Matt fans or a song we have heard sung by another singer 😀
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Fri May 10, 2024 1:23 pm

Can't answer that as we haven't chosen anything yet!

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Tue May 28, 2024 7:56 am

Thank you Michele another interesting update. 3 more days for the U Tube fan update on the 31st May :D

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:21 pm

Thank you Mìchele for the may news. Sorry we are a bit late with our posting. We have enjoyed the Eurovision of Matt on the Matt channel and also Walk Away from the Rolf Harris Show which has been very popular.

Richard said there is quite a lot of Radio material by Matt and hope you have been able to obtain a good recording of The Way We Were as unfortunately we only have part and not good quality.

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:30 pm

If only Maureen and Harry. I've never found a full version. Matt recorded quite a few radio sessions in the 1970's but no full songs in good quality have surfaced, unfortunately. I think the problem is that these were made to be included within things like the Jimmy Young or David Hamilton shows when "Needle Time" was still restricted, which meant nobody was expecting them to be on and therefore nobody recorded them. The tapes are long gone from the BBC Archive as musicians' union contracts said they had to be wiped after a particular number of plays! Grrr!

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:06 pm

Thank you Richard and what a shame it is a no.

Don't know what happened to our tape but played the CD today we did just under 3 minutes of the song and it did sound better than we remembered and was nice to hear as fans of Matt. It was played just before David Jacob's mentioned Matt's tour and the Barbican Concert and followed by Pauline doing a radio interview with Matt Jr.

Also some other nice radio by Matt You are my sunshine and My Life etc and also Youd Better Love Me and think it was from the Pete Murray Show and hopefully you might have good copies.

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:47 pm

Unfortunately not. The material we have covers around 1959 - 1971. We live in hope that a cache of good quality copies of those mid 70's radio sessions turn up one day, but so far not.

Return to “Site News”