August News

This area is only for the latest mattmonro.com news. Please submit anything else in the appropriate
categories and headings listed further down
Marian

August News

Post by Marian » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:32 pm

Michele's August update is up and running.

maxine

Re: August News

Post by maxine » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:13 pm

Thank you ...how do I get to it ....thank you again Marian :lol:
Softly, I will leave you softly
For my heart would break if you should wake and see me go.....

maxine

Post by maxine » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:20 pm

Googled it and found it .....wow poor Michelle all that hassle ...and her brother ...wow her brother is the image of Matt snr!!!!

karl

Post by karl » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:43 pm

maxine wrote:Googled it and found it .....wow poor Michelle all that hassle ...and her brother ...wow her brother is the image of Matt snr!!!!
Hey well done Maxine, I can never remember how to find it and can't even see it on google

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:07 pm

Karl,

All you ever need to do is go to mattmonro.com and click on the NEWS button in the drop down menu on the main site or alternatively go to

http://www.mattmonro.com/news.html

Bookmark the page and you can find it every month then.

Richard

karl

Post by karl » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:13 pm

Richard I got it with your link after faffing about with the index!!!! :lol:

The previous owner of Michelle's house sounds a real Bee Eye Tea Sea Aitch!!!! :twisted:

Imagine leaving the house in a filthy state, what a clart!

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:25 pm

The extensive August news is now up for members to read :) .............http://www.mattmonro.com/news.html ..............so too is the very extensive spotlight on The Beach Boys...........it will take two months to read this feature :wink: .............http://www.mattmonro.com/spotlight.html
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

maxine

Post by maxine » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:48 pm

Thank you Robert......poor Michelle very testing time ....

And will read Beach Boys tomorrow ....it was a total privalage to see them ....just a beautiful concert ...no frills no speacial effects....extraordinary

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:49 am

Have just read the August news update.
Still sounds like Flanders And Swann .... "The Gas Man Cometh "
No wonder you keep going away Michele. :wink: :lol:

karl

Post by karl » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:14 am

If I was Michelle I'd stay here until the work was done to my satisfaction, she should contact Dominic Littlewood from Cowboy Builders.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:46 am

You couldn't make it up could you! When will it all end Michele.No wonder you enjoy the relative calm of the high seas :)

Also hope that you soon hear from Warners re the 2 for 1's :roll:

john

Post by john » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:59 pm

Thanks for the August news Michele. Wishing Justine and Max all the best for their big day and for their future.

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:27 pm

Thanks for the August update Michele.
We too wish Max and Jutstine all the best for the future.

karl

Post by karl » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:50 am

Michelle is still banging on about Jasmine Records being a fly by night company when they are not. I have to say Michelle you spend so much time at sea you have no idea about them. Some of us have a few of their releases and enjoy them very much, as a company they are giving us releases nobody else does with the exception of Matt

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:18 am

Karl,

Of course Michele knows about them, being away at sea doesn't mean she lives under a rock! She is entitled to her opinion and is perfectly allowed to say so on her own website whether you agree with it or not. It's quite simple Jasmine, Fly Me To The Moon (also mentioned in the news) and many others are issuing products that the estate does not deem fit for purpose, despite the fact that the estate is actually willing to assist - even with public domain releases - if asked (We did just that with a release on Not Now Music a few years ago for the complete Decca recordings "Matt Monro Sings"). Michele's job as the person who runs her father's estate is to protect her father's name and therefore the quality of the releases. These releases are also a large part of the reason that we very rarely get anything issued by Warner and Universal have completely ignored her father's catalogue since they took charge of the Capitol years.

I have not heard the "Fly Me to The Moon" release "Complete 1960 -2962 recordings", but judging by how they include all the Decca tracks (from 1957) it shows how bad the research was.

The Jasmine disc is a case where some of the recordings they could ONLY have got from our releases and my re-masters and then they have taken perfectly good stereo recordings and collapsed them into mono! This makes no sense and is exactly the type of thing we try to guard against. It has taken many years of hard work nudging the record companies along to get to the position we were in a few years back (before Warner came on the scene) and the glut of substandard PD releases out there does neither the estate or Matt's reputation any good. Michele (one "l" by the way) is completely within her rights to complain.

I'm glad you like some of the releases Jasmine put out and that is your opinion, but allow Michele to have hers.

Richard

Return to “Site News”