February Updates

This area is only for the latest mattmonro.com news. Please submit anything else in the appropriate
categories and headings listed further down
Sandra

Re: February Updates

Post by Sandra » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:12 am

Belated Happy Birthday Richard xx
The site looks great so far nice and fresh looking thankyou.
Oh do hope that Michele gets well soon. I am sure that everyone on here sends their love.

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:25 pm

Thank you Richard it looks really good, nice and modern and also easy to use.

We hope Michele will soon start feeling better and wishing you a belated happy birthday Richard 🙂

Christine Hampshire

Post by Christine Hampshire » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:46 pm

The site is looking good so far and easy to use, thank you Richard.
We are hoping Michele is getting better we send our love xxxx

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:36 am

February 2022 news is up :D

john

Post by john » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:04 am

Thanks Sandra, a few interesting projects coming up in the future.

Christine Hampshire

Post by Christine Hampshire » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:51 pm

Yes John it looks like it and Michele says she is nearly 100% in good health which is good news.
Also the talks are still going well on the ship good news again.

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:54 pm

Thank you Michele for the news update.

The new remastered albums sound good and would be great to have on CD if only on perhaps a limited collector's edition but appreciate CD and DVD sales are down and understand Tesco will stop selling them at the end of the month.

Hope you enjoy your return to the P&O Cruiseline and that you have an enjoyable and successful time.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:28 am

Thank You for the updates Michele.

It is good to know that you are nearly back to full health enabling you to return to your cruising work.

Good luck with the book and we look forward as always to anything you and Richard can bring to us.

Congratulations on creating Matts You Tube channel. Fab-ulous xx

Josh

Post by Josh » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:26 am

Certainly an interesting new bulletin this month. Having all of Matt's albums available in one format would be great and something I've wished for for years. We're Gonna Change The World is an album I've yet to own and everything Michele has listed would be terrific. It baffles me this program of releases hasn't happened if the works all done, talk about wasting money! Why engage Richard and Michele's services if you aren't going to release them? Hopefully this odd business decision is addressed soon. I'll echo what others have said in regards to a physical copy, I'd love to have one too but I guess that would be dependant on digital sales before the record company would even entertain the idea. A lavish boxset would be a wonderful thing but I understand chances are very slim.

It's great to read Michele is doing alot better, getting back to work and that her book will finally get a release. Once again Michele we all wish you the best. I'm still very much looking forward to catching Matt Jr's tour this year though May seems a lifetime away at the moment! The youtube channel is still going from strength to strength, loving the fact that Matt finally has an official go to place for performances as well as other things on youtube, so many other artists have great channels its terrific that Matt's got one too.

Thank you once again Michele and Richard for all the work you do for us fans!

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:30 am

Just read February news update. It's good to read the Matt Monro albums are being remastered and released for downloading or streaming or whatever it's called. I still prefer CDs, and don't download or stream anything. So I won't be able to listen to them. I need to go to MM's YouTube channel some day. I still like playing my CDs.

An absolutely stunning cover for Michele's new book. I love the title and graphics, and especially the font and positioning of "Michele Monro". Worth buying the book to frame the cover!

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:40 pm

You are correct Paul the photo is a stunner with all the info on the bow/stern which looks so attractive :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:23 pm

I know people don't like to download/stream, but it's the way the music industry is now. There are reports that CD sales are showing signs of a resurgence, so we will have to see. No one more than us would like to see a big box set of this material, but we don't make the decisions.

As it happens, it's very easy for anyone to stream for free with very little effort. Download Spotify, create an account and search for what you want. Doesn't cost a penny. Most tracks also go onto YouTube too. When we finally get the Non Album tracks cleared (perhaps in 2034 at this rate) there is something special (A discovery made whilst working on the re-masters) you may want to hear, and streaming / downloading may well be the only way you can hear it for the moment.

Hopefully the sets will do well and make Capitol want to issue the sets physically. One thing is for sure, we HAVE to get Matt's music on these services so that other generations who no longer use CD's have access to the recordings.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:42 pm

👍
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:34 am

The February 2023 news is up. A lot of interesting news too :)

mike

Post by mike » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:00 pm

Great to hear that we may not be too far away from a new CD release for Matt. If only the Capitol albums could be released on CD also.

Return to “Site News”