February Updates

This area is only for the latest mattmonro.com news. Please submit anything else in the appropriate
categories and headings listed further down
karl

Re: February Updates

Post by karl » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:53 am

Good news about the 4 cd set, let's hope it gets the green light!

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:46 pm

Thank you Michele for all the news and we will certainly look forward to the new 4 CD Set and we think it will include a few songs that have not been released on CD.

Hope you will soon be back on the Cruise ships.

john

Post by john » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:41 am

Also looking forward to the new release.

Christine Hampshire

Post by Christine Hampshire » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:48 pm

Thank you Michele for the news and looking forward to the new 4cd set and also hope you are soon back on the cruise ships.
Sorry to hear the news about your dads pal Ray , it was Kenny Clayton not so long ago now Ray.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:57 am

Thanks Michele for the long and most interesting February update. Very sad to read again the forward of your book. Where did those years go. Better, indeed fabulous news re the new 4 CD set. We remember that 'Uncle Ray' was often talked about in interviews over the years.
We hope you will have some cruise dates plus CD news in March.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:49 pm

The February news was a lovely read 😀
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

karl

Post by karl » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:45 pm

Disappointing that in the section where Michelle listed artists we lost in 2023 she omitted to mention Vince Hill. Poor Vince received very little in accolades when he passed, like Matt he gave pleasure to thousands of fans over the years.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:53 pm

Yes Karl, I believe you mentioned this when Vince was omitted from a previous “news” ….. sad to see Vince omitted again !

karl

Post by karl » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:10 pm

ROBERT M. wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:53 pm
Yes Karl, I believe you mentioned this when Vince was omitted from a previous “news” ….. sad to see Vince omitted again !
Robert let's hope it's just another oversight on Michelle's part.

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:45 pm

Thank you Michele for the news updates and sorry to hear that you have not been well and hope you are feeling better.

The special raffle on the Matt Channel sounds very interesting which we enjoy watching and look forward to the next addition on the 16th February.

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:27 pm

Let's give Michele a pass on Vince Hill. She spent many years in the United States, so she may not remember him well or at all. I never heard of him until I joined this forum. Even then he's not someone I ever sought out, as there are so many others I want to listen to.

karl

Post by karl » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:46 am

paul jh wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:27 pm
Let's give Michele a pass on Vince Hill. She spent many years in the United States, so she may not remember him well or at all. I never heard of him until I joined this forum. Even then he's not someone I ever sought out, as there are so many others I want to listen to.
Paul no matter where Michelle lived, her father was a famous singer so she would have been aware of the music business.
As a child I was introduced to all kind so music through my relatives and even today I am learning about singers I never heard of through friends including John Higton from this site. I am sorry you ignore the talents of Vince Hill as he was also a great singer and he passed away last year. I would be happy to compile a cd of his music for you.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:17 pm

Vince Hill was all over British tv screens in later 70’s and through the 80’s so everyone knows Vince Hill over here and I think Matt performed with Vince Hill on occasions, so Michelle will definitely know his name, but she just forgot to add his name to the list of people she mentioned 😀

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:29 am

Thank you Michele for the February updates with more great news of what is ahead. So sorry you have had such a bad year work and health wise and we hope 2024 improves for you.

Re Vnce Hill : John wasn't he at one of the get togethers?

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:14 pm

If Michele had put everybody famous who dies in 2023 on that list, there would be no space for news. She hasn't forgotten about Vince. Please remember that Michele has MS which means that things do slip her mind so when writing things like the news she will have looked up a list of people. If Vince wasn't on it she wouldn't realise. Her memory is such that she knows he has gone, but won't know when as dates don't stick. It's not snub or slight, it's just dodgy memory caused by MS.

Return to “Site News”