March Newsletter

This area is only for the latest mattmonro.com news. Please submit anything else in the appropriate
categories and headings listed further down
hpooch

March Newsletter

Post by hpooch » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:52 am

I just finished reading Michele's telling about her latest cruise ship travels which was very interesting about places in the Amazon which
are on my bucket list of places to see. But I am hungry for some recent rare discoveries that Michele or Richard have dug up in the
last 3-4 months as nothing has been said in the newsletters about a future CD or DVD release by Matt of his earlier recordings or a few
never before released recordings that were discussed earlier last year
Please Please Michele mention something about any plans for any future releases by Matt even if it's re-recording some of Matt's songs
using Richard's miraculous sound system.. Do any of the other forum members feel the same way about some more Matt in the future?
Henry H Puccinelli

ROBERT M.

Re: March Newsletter

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:15 am

Yes Henry, I'm sure we would all agree with you :D ..........but I think it's complicated and maybe to do with expense :wink:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:09 pm

At the moment Henry we have nothing planned. I don't know where the rare recordings thing comes from. We haven't found anything else new for ages other than what was on the Sue Parker tapes Michele inherited, but none of those are good enough quality for release and that was more than a year ago.

But you never know what might turn up.

Eman

Post by Eman » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:17 am

Hey Henry! Nice to see ya! I agree with you. It would be really cool to have a 180gm special edition vinyl album of Matt's hits. Keeping my fingers crossed that one day it happens.

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:54 am

It's now very complicated Eman since everything between 1966 and 1970 - the Capitol recordings - belongs to Universal whilst everything else belongs to Warner. Warner don't like licencing from Universal and Universal aren't interested in releasing anything at all. There are rumblings in US copyright that might mean recordings are re-assigned back to the artist/or estate after a certain period of time - Currently I believe this is only an option for artists work after 1972 but if that were to happen the Monro estate could claim the rights and lease recordings back to Warner, but at the moment it's very difficult to get anyone to agree to anything.

karl

Post by karl » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Richard I don't think Universal know what they're doing half the time.
Some years ago they included the wrong version of Dusty's Anyone Who Had A Heart on a compilation, it sounds like an earlier take and Dusty does not sound so confident as on the correct version, people close to Dusty complained and thought it had been corrected - however on her February release 5 Classic Albums they have included three wrong takes on A Girl Called Dusty.
If you can get the rights back on Matt couldn't you release them on your own label or would it cost too much?

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:45 am

As I said earlier..........it's complicated :wink:

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:46 pm

We'll cross that bridge Karl if it occurs.

Marian

Post by Marian » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:57 pm

I have only just read Michele's adventures for March. The latest I've ever been. :D
Did anyone read about the 65 year old woman who swam after her cruise left her behind today.
It was on the Marco Polo, the ship Michele sometimes is on, the woman was in the sea for three hours before she was picked up. She was very lucky!

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:46 am

A daft thing to do :roll: .............she was very lucky indeed.................Marian the new updates are ready tomorrow.

Marian

Post by Marian » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:54 pm

Thank you Robert... I'll try and keep up this time! :D

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:00 am

The March updates are up already ...........and the Spotlight On feature this month is Dusty Springfield ............here is the link for you Karl :) .............http://www.mattmonro.com/spotlight.html

karl

Post by karl » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:52 am

ROBERT M. wrote:The March updates are up already ...........and the Spotlight On feature this month is Dusty Springfield ............here is the link for you Karl :) .............http://www.mattmonro.com/spotlight.html
Goodness, it looks like I will have to set aside an hour to read it all but it's an appropriate time as tomorrow will be Dusty's 18th anniversary.

Angela51

Post by Angela51 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:27 pm

yes - Marian

I read about the silly woman trying to swim out to catch the Marco Polo ?
I also seen all the pics of Michele in Aussie, now I am going to read the March news.
xx

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:40 am

Yes Karl, I didn't realise how much there is to read until I just checked it out ............please tell us if there are any mistakes :wink: :)

Return to “Site News”