MAY NEWSLETTER

This area is only for the latest mattmonro.com news. Please submit anything else in the appropriate
categories and headings listed further down
hpooch

MAY NEWSLETTER

Post by hpooch » Sun May 01, 2016 1:09 am

I enjoyed reading Michele's comments on "Prince" and other performers who have passed on so far this year...
Also I'm excited to hear that there are some future releases that Richard & Michele have in the can especially
a "Performance" CD of Matt's last live appearance and a George Martin salute CD with Matt singing George's
music of tunes that have been previously recorded and available on a future CD hopefully.
I am happy that Michele recovered with her bout of pneumonia which lasted nearly 2 months....
Stay healthy, Michele......Happy Mother's Day (May 8th) ! ! !
Henry H Puccinelli

john

Re: MAY NEWSLETTER

Post by john » Sun May 01, 2016 8:27 am

Thanks for the May newsletter Michele. Looking forward to the (hopefully) future releases.

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Mon May 02, 2016 7:59 pm

It's not Matt's Last live performance it's one from 1981

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun May 08, 2016 5:11 pm

Just read the interesting news for May :) ............sounds as though Warners don't know their ar.e from their elbow :wink: ...................the spotlight artist this month is Prince........not as it says in the news update ....... "Don’t forget to check out our Spotlight feature this month, I know so many of you enjoy them and I’m sticking to the subject of this update and focusing on George Martin"................ :wink: :wink:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

karl

Post by karl » Sun May 08, 2016 10:43 pm

Robert your comment about Warners, back in the 60's/70's record companies were run by people who knew the business unlike the lawyers who now control them . Back then you always received a reply when writing, for me it was usually to Philips regarding Dusty and I still remember the guys names, David Shrimpton & Leon Campadelli. Sometimes they even sent you a complimentary album as they realised how great a fan you were. In the past I have had albums from Philips in Australia & Germany and United Artists in Los Angeles.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Mon May 09, 2016 3:04 am

Yes Karl, times have changed for the worse :roll: ...........have you read the May updates ........... to read how out of touch with things Warners are ................here it is http://www.mattmonro.com/news.html
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Mon May 09, 2016 4:33 am

I like the songs selected for the George Martin CD, especially two super-favorites Ethel Baby and This Time. But the Complete SingleCollection indicates This Time was written by Fisher and Abraham and not Martin. ‎ I hope this CD is released as it's different from  anything released previously.  

Whatever happened with the plans to release a twofer of Close To You aka We're Gonna Change the World and some other album from the 70s?‎

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Mon May 09, 2016 8:23 pm

Fisher is Graham Fisher - A pseudonym of George Martin's

The 2 on 1 like many other projects was scrapped with the sale of EMI to Universal and Warners.

You think it's difficult to deal with Warner - that's peanuts to Universal who aren't interested at all yet the own all of Matt's Capitol recordings.

The latest from Warner is that it is close to being green lit. but things move very slowly. Three tracks will change and three hits added. More news next month.

karl

Post by karl » Tue May 10, 2016 8:09 am

Yes I did read it Robert, it's the same with Philips (now also Universal) as they constantly release the wrong take on some of Dusty's songs on compilations. It seems the fans know more about the tracks than the people in the record companies!

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Mon May 16, 2016 2:58 pm

Thanks Michele for the May newsletter-hope that you are better now and so sorry their is such a lot of negative news about future Matt releases.
We know you are always plugging away for your Dad and we still hold out hope that you will succeed.

Just an aside :their is a new CD from MATTHEW FORD who ALWAYS sings your Dads songs and their are a couple of nice tracks on it.Also we were at a GARY WILLIAMS concert last night.Another nice singer who always sings some of Matts songs. :D

Josh

Post by Josh » Mon May 23, 2016 5:12 pm

Just read the May news and frankly I'm shocked at the trouble that Michele and Richard keep having with Warner's. Matt's a key part of British culture and for him not to have new product out is just wrong, other artists of Matt's calibre are consistently treated to rereleases and special projects. Before the move to Warner's Michele and Richard gave us a plethora of interesting projects as well as the required "best of" every once in awhile. Now it seems that despite their willingness Warner's just aren't interested! I hope this foolish attitude on the part of Warner's ends soon.

karl

Post by karl » Tue May 24, 2016 8:28 am

Josh your comment about other artists of Matt's calibre being consistently treated to releases and special products, who are you talking about specifically as I'm interested to know.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Wed May 08, 2019 10:37 am

May 2019

Oh Michele so very sorry to read of the loss of your lovely dog. It is next to losing a family member. Thinking of you.

What an amazing time you had on holiday with your family really pleased you all had such a good one.

We are VERY excited about the new Matt material :D :D

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Wed May 08, 2019 4:13 pm

Yes, very sad news about your dog Michele.
You certainly had a very busy birthday but good that you were able to enjoy it with all the family.
We too are looking forward to the new release.

Christine Hampshire

Post by Christine Hampshire » Thu May 09, 2019 5:27 pm

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your lovely dog DJ
Glad that you had a lovely 60th Birthday with all the family

Return to “Site News”