June News

This area is only for the latest mattmonro.com news. Please submit anything else in the appropriate
categories and headings listed further down
john

June News

Post by john » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:37 am

Thanks for the June Newsletter Michele. The new cd sounds great, an excellent track listing and front cover.
Keep well on your cruise.

Sandra

Re: June News

Post by Sandra » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:45 pm

Not read it properly yet-but DON'T MISS- some great news at last :D :D

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:23 pm

Just got round to reading the June updates......most of it concerns the bugs one gets on those long cruises that Michele goes on ............but the news of the Matt/George Martin CD release is the best news of the month :) :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:10 am

Yes Robert-can't wait for the 'George Martin Years' well done Michele and Richard.So much hard work :D :D

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:00 pm

Come on guys where are you all- read Micheles June newsletter

john

Post by john » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:09 pm

Thanks for the June updates Michele.
I hope the forum doesn't close, I know there are only a few regulars on here that post now, I try and post something most days. I think I was the first member to actually sign up all those years ago back in 2005. Can't believe it is 12 years. It used to be so busy on here at one time, I guess Facebook and other social media have taken over.

karl

Post by karl » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:30 pm

Well we all know who the regular posters are and it's no longer many of the old faithfuls but it would be good to see them back.
It would be sad to see the site close but I suppose interest drops off when there is no new product to talk about.
Also Michelle, regardless of where Jasmine Records got the tapes for Matt's recordings or whatever it is they use they are not a substandard or fly by night company, over the years they have given us many titles we would not have otherwise received.
Last edited by karl on Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:32 am

I would hate the forum to close and I think a lot more ''look in'' every month but just don't post .
We have done everything in the fun and game section that we can think of over the years.
I automatically seek out the news at the beginning of each month and like to read about Michele's escapades knowing that amongst it all she is still keeping her Dad's name alive along with Matt Jnr, and their is always the hope that something new will come our way ,although what a magnificent collection of CD's we are fortunate enough to have b een able to purchase over the years thanks to Michele and Richards hard work.

mike

Post by mike » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:44 pm

I "look in" several times each month, but don't always get round to posting. I'd still miss the forum if it was gone. Facebook does nothing for me, so I'd miss out on any future Matt news.

I've no idea of the cost of keeping the forum open. I'd guess that is a factor.

Anyway I'd like to add my thanks to Michele and Richard for all the great CDs. They will always be a large part of my regular playlist.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:48 am

We would be very sad to see the web-site close down too. Although none of us members post as regularly these days it is probably due to Facebook and the media.
Also as time goes on things change and things occur in our daily lives, perhaps stressful things that often take over and we don't always respond or post as much as in the past, but we have gained so much knowledge of Matt and his music and aquired a whole new collection of videos, and CDs with unearthed songs never heard of before and of course made lot of friends., and all thanks go to Michele and Richard. it would feel a great loss after 12 years.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:13 am

I had been warning about a possible forum closure for a while now...if the regulars did not return to the forum...........I hope it doesn't come to that though :( :(
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:05 am

Thanks for the June news Michele.
We also hope the site doesn't close down and agree with Lena & Harry that times have changed and especially with the ever increasing use of social media. We look into the site most days and although we now only post occasionally, we would miss reading the posts by the regular members who do post.
We appreciate everything Michele & Richard have done for us over so many years which has enabled us to have the most wonderful collection of CD's etc., by the truly fantastic Matt Monro.

mike

Post by mike » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:46 am

Do any of the regulars here post on the Facebook page?

I looked at it now for the first time. It doesn't exactly have any conversations, but it does have 46k followers. Plus some videos posted get 600 or more likes, so Matt has a lot of appreciation out there.

karl

Post by karl » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:59 am

mike wrote:Do any of the regulars here post on the Facebook page?

I looked at it now for the first time. It doesn't exactly have any conversations, but it does have 46k followers. Plus some videos posted get 600 or more likes, so Matt has a lot of appreciation out there.
Yes Mike but nothing to do with Matt, that stays on this site .

karl

Post by karl » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:00 pm

maureen & harry wrote:Thanks for the June news Michele.
We also hope the site doesn't close down and agree with Lena & Harry that times have changed and especially with the ever increasing use of social media. We look into the site most days and although we now only post occasionally, we would miss reading the posts by the regular members who do post.
We appreciate everything Michele & Richard have done for us over so many years which has enabled us to have the most wonderful collection of CD's etc., by the truly fantastic Matt Monro.

It's all very well checking in most days but why not leave a post? Even if you replied to one that would help, surely you have something you'd like to share with us?

Return to “Site News”