June News

This area is only for the latest mattmonro.com news. Please submit anything else in the appropriate
categories and headings listed further down
maureen & harry

Re: June News

Post by maureen & harry » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:41 pm

It was good to read that Matt Jnr's tour had been successful and that the Promoter is keen to do another tour next year. However, in the Newsletter there is a link to the Scotland Daily Express dated 26th February 2017 written by Gavin Docherty in which he says that Matt Jnr was quitting performing and was going into the property business etc and we are wondering whether this is correct or not which would be a shame after such a successful tour.

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:26 pm

karl wrote:RIchard does it have to be updated, you did an update not so long ago.
Also I emailed you a monthy ago, no reply as yet!
The main mattmonro.com is the main problem. It's out of date and uses code that makes most people unable to see the site on tablets & phones so needs a complete rewrite and redesign to bring it into something that works for all. It's the main Matt Monro site that is the concern. I don't mind keeping this forum open as it's on my site server and costs nothing, but with no main Matt Monro website nobody new will ever be attracted here so it all has a knock on effect.

I replied but the e-mail kept bouncing back!

mike

Post by mike » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:35 am

Rmoore wrote:
karl wrote:RIchard does it have to be updated, you did an update not so long ago.
Also I emailed you a monthy ago, no reply as yet!
The main mattmonro.com is the main problem. It's out of date and uses code that makes most people unable to see the site on tablets & phones so needs a complete rewrite and redesign to bring it into something that works for all. It's the main Matt Monro site that is the concern. I don't mind keeping this forum open as it's on my site server and costs nothing, but with no main Matt Monro website nobody new will ever be attracted here so it all has a knock on effect.
Is there a way to put a link for this forum on Matt's Facebook / Twitter pages to attract people from there?

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:55 pm

There is, but as face book pretty much does what this forum does i don't know if there is much point.

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:00 pm

OK then aside from the forum, if we continued to keep the Matt Monro website going, what would you like to be on it?
Currently there are discographies, TV listings (all out of date) Lyrics, a guestbook, fan photo galleries, spotlight articles (new and archived), regularly updated news and archived news/events, etc etc - please go and have a look and let us know if you have any better ideas or what you think the site should be. Something simple, with just basic information and a little bit of news or keep everything we already have. Your opinions and ideas would be appreciated.

Richard

mike

Post by mike » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:06 pm

Rmoore wrote:There is, but as face book pretty much does what this forum does i don't know if there is much point.
OK, so I don't use Facebook. So we can do all of this forum chatting over on the Facebook page?

That means this forum is just for people who don't understand Facebook.

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:12 am

I haven't accessed the main site in five years. I don't have a computer and do everything on my BlackBerry. It doesn't have a flash player, so I can't pull up the website. I've bookmarked Michele's updates and read them each month. I love all the updates on the Monro family, the cruises, and future releases. If the site were to be simplified, a short bio, list of albums and singles would be nice. Available product would be good but that changes per country.  In the past I referred to the lyrics, but those are in other websites. 

I don't do facebook, so I've never seen the Monro page. I occasionally look at twitter or instagram.  ‎

I read some of the postings in the forum almost daily. The most interesting posts are anything to do with Matt Monro, updates on other singers I know, what people are listening to and watching, and politics.   I don't read the games anymore.  It's very difficult to post using my BlackBerry, and I don't have much free time.  The forum was more active when we had many CD and DVD releases and the three Fans Reunited events. 

john

Post by john » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:58 am

It is difficult knowing what to do. Most of the fun and games have gone on for years and have become very repetitive, I still keep doing a few of them because I think that is the section that has kept the forum going for the last year or two. I think we have exhausted them to be honest, but we have had so many different ones it is hard to think of new ones. I look through the updates each month and I guess now there won't be all that much new coming out, as Michele and Richard have worked tirelessly to bring out many great cd's and dvd's.

karl

Post by karl » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:26 am

You are right John the fun & games have kept the site going and I have tried to think of new games to play.

It's hard when an artist like Matt has gone as there is never going to be anything new apart from re-releases etc but I am sure there will still be several of them over the years. However one never knows if an unreleased track will turn up as it did with Dusty, a track nobody knew about has been found and will be released next month.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:27 am

As long as the forum continues ........that is my main concern, losing the forum..........I read the monthly news updates and the odd spotlight feature if I'm interested in that particular artist ............I use Facebook but I don't like posting on there ..............I much prefer posting on HERE :) :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

john

Post by john » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:46 am

ROBERT M. wrote:As long as the forum continues ........that is my main concern, losing the forum..........I read the monthly news updates and the odd spotlight feature if I'm interested in that particular artist ............I use Facebook but I don't like posting on there ..............I much prefer posting on HERE :) :)
Yes, I agree Robert.

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:03 am

And I agree too!!!!

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:59 am

Have just read the June news update even though July's is now up :wink: ……..Michele is very taken by Alfie Boe who is a massive Matt fan (I wonder why he hasn't mentioned that fact before anywhere) ………………...but Michele is not a fan of the "spoilt" Katherine Jenkins :wink:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:06 pm

ROBERT M. wrote:Have just read the June news update even though July's is now up :wink: ……..Michele is very taken by Alfie Boe who is a massive Matt fan (I wonder why he hasn't mentioned that fact before anywhere) ………………...but Michele is not a fan of the "spoilt" Katherine Jenkins :wink:
And don't miss Michele's July news and her nice interview with Wynne Evans today on the Radio Wales IPlayer :)

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:55 pm

Thanks Michele for the July updates. Good to hear that you are sailing again with P & O and we feel sure that you will have a captive audience on the Arcadia. It's so good to read that you have had such fantastic support with your Celebrity Cruise talks.

Return to “Site News”