July News

This area is only for the latest mattmonro.com news. Please submit anything else in the appropriate
categories and headings listed further down
karl

Re: July News

Post by karl » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:22 am

mike wrote:That is an interesting point about public domain.

These tracks are now of an age that they have come into the public domain and can be released by anyone. However if someone like Richard has carried out a remastering of tracks in recent years, do they (or should they) have the same rights to publish them.

I don't know the answer, but I think that is the point Michele is making.
Yes I know but as they say if the tracks are in public domain then that's the way the cookie crumbles. A year or two ago several cd's were released on different labels by The Springfields as their tracks are now of that age. I just feel it's wrong to criticse the label which is not a major one when they release cd's by artists many other labels don't touch.

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:43 pm

That is exactly the point she is making. Many of these tracks can only have come from my remasters so this is why she is annoyed more than any other public domain label.
Jasmine have put very little care in to the release and in many cases have even collapese stereo recordings to mono for no apparent reason.

karl

Post by karl » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:27 pm

But if it's legal what can you do Richard?

mike

Post by mike » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:16 pm

So Richard if you remaster a track, does the copyright on that remaster not lie with you. The unremastered track should be the only thing in public domain.

karl

Post by karl » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:28 pm

mike wrote:So Richard if you remaster a track, does the copyright on that remaster not lie with you. The unremastered track should be the only thing in public domain.
Good point Mike.

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:37 pm

Unfortunately not. A remaster does not get a new copyright.
Yes it is legal, but it doesn't mean we have to accept it and just roll over. We have the right to complain about it!

mike

Post by mike » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:51 am

Leave them a scathing review on Amazon. You could put a picture of a thief in there. It seems popular already

karl

Post by karl » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:26 am

mike wrote:Leave them a scathing review on Amazon. You could put a picture of a thief in there. It seems popular already
Oh is that why that was left :?:

john

Post by john » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:01 am

I personally wouldn't buy the Jasmine release as I already have all these recording anyhow, and probably unlike the majority of people, the early recordings are not my favourites. But I do like the Jasmine label, I have several of their sets and I think they are very good.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:23 am

Yes John, in his very earlier recordings Matts voice was not his natural voice that came later on :wink:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Thank you Michele for the update. Always good to read what you've been up to.
We were in St Petersburg port on the 9th July and to our surprise berthed just across the water was the Celebrity Eclipse ship. We were on the Aurora and although we couldn't actually see you Michele, we did wave to you as we left port!
Hopefully our paths may cross one day.

karl

Post by karl » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:34 pm

maureen & harry wrote:Thank you Michele for the update. Always good to read what you've been up to.
We were in St Petersburg port on the 9th July and to our surprise berthed just across the water was the Celebrity Eclipse ship. We were on the Aurora and although we couldn't actually see you Michele, we did wave to you as we left port!
Hopefully our paths may cross one day.
That's interesting as one of the stops on my cruise is St.Petersburg in September ,can't wait.

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:29 pm

We are sure you will enjoy your cruise to the Baltic Karl . There are some lovely places to visit on your way up to Russia but we have to say that St Petersburg is the Jewel in the Crown as there is so much to see.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Bon Voyage.

karl

Post by karl » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:29 pm

maureen & harry wrote:We are sure you will enjoy your cruise to the Baltic Karl . There are some lovely places to visit on your way up to Russia but we have to say that St Petersburg is the Jewel in the Crown as there is so much to see.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Bon Voyage.
Thank you and i'm sure I will enjoy it. I booked all the shore excursions today for Copenhagen. Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallin, & Kiel. I haven't been to Copenhagen since 1964 and I loved it then so it'll be great seeing it again as an adult.

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:01 pm

Just read the July Newsletter from Michele. Sorry to read about your beloved dog and we know from experience it takes a long time to get over your loss.
Thanks for all the updates and we are really looking forward to the new CD. Hope you enjoy your break at home and having some catchup time.

Return to “Site News”