July News

This area is only for the latest mattmonro.com news. Please submit anything else in the appropriate
categories and headings listed further down
Rmoore

July News

Post by Rmoore » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:01 am

As yet I haven't received any updates from Michele for the July news which are not easy to put together when on the high seas. She returns tomorrow so there maybe something to add then.
I am also hoping to get a definite release date from Warner for The George Martin Years very soon - hope fully today.
So July updates my be a little late this year (unlike spring which seems to have come and gone already!)

Richard

Rmoore

Re: July News

Post by Rmoore » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:13 pm

Updates now up!

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:19 am

Have just read the July updates, if you like cruise news do read it ...................the latest on the Matt Monro CD - The George Martin Years comes right at the very end :wink:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

john

Post by john » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:09 am

Good news about the cd release.

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:32 pm

Robert, you have to remember that Michele spends a large amount of time on board cruise ships at the moment and unfortunately there is very little Matt Monro News around - feel free to let us have some if you know something!

If you don't want Michele to talk about what she has been doing and stories around it, would you prefer us not to update the news section at all each month unless we have any major Matt News?

If anybody has any suggestions as to what else we could put up instead i'd love to hear them.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:52 am

Richard, I know Matt news is hard to come by at the moment apart from the forthcoming George Martin CD release...........so it is hard to give "new" Matt news every month .................... I know some of the members on here enjoy reading Michele's travel updates :)

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:44 pm

Pictures of blue skies(we wish).and Michele looking so well.Great to hear that her shows are very successful.Would love to hear more about the one titled' the tragedy of success' and the best news of all that the George Martin CD is out in August.Super tracks and we are particularly looking forward to hearing TAHITI after so many years. Thankyou Michele and Richard :D

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:48 pm

Sandra, do you have Matts Complete Singles collection set ? ..............Tahiti is the final track on disc 1 :)

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:21 am

Whoops-yes I do Robert-should have checked :oops: x

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:46 am

Ah, but not in Stereo - which sounds glorious. When the singles were compiled the tape had falledn down a black hole in the EMI archive database. But this was fixed shortly afterwards allowing the rediscovery of the From Russia With Love 4 track and the complete My Love and Devotion/Tahiti session. My love & Devotion sounds better than ever too having been taken from the origina; session reel for the first time ever.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:17 am

Sounds good :)

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:49 pm

Rmoore wrote:Ah, but not in Stereo - which sounds glorious. When the singles were compiled the tape had falledn down a black hole in the EMI archive database. But this was fixed shortly afterwards allowing the rediscovery of the From Russia With Love 4 track and the complete My Love and Devotion/Tahiti session. My love & Devotion sounds better than ever too having been taken from the origina; session reel for the first time ever.

Stereo Tahiti AND My Love And Devotion-- can't wait :D

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:25 pm

July News is coming - Life has got in the way the last week so I'm running behind!
Should be up some time tomorrow.
Richard

karl

Post by karl » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:49 pm

Michelle said her brother was getting married in December and she could keep her luggage in her cabin until the next cruise (from July ?) In the next paragraph it seems to be August which makes more sense.

Also I do wish Michelle would stop criticising Jasmine Records, they have been around for years and have released several goodies that nobody else has. If the material is out of public domain it seems anyone can release it, if her feelings are so strong then she should contact Jasmine direct.

Is it normal for a cruise liner to call at container ports? Seems annoying to think it would take so long to visit a particular city when you are close to it. Also running out of crisps, in my book that is unforgiveable as that is my guilty pleasure.

Let's hope I don't face any problems on my September cruise.

mike

Post by mike » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:11 pm

That is an interesting point about public domain.

These tracks are now of an age that they have come into the public domain and can be released by anyone. However if someone like Richard has carried out a remastering of tracks in recent years, do they (or should they) have the same rights to publish them.

I don't know the answer, but I think that is the point Michele is making.

Return to “Site News”