"Spotlight On"

What areas of the site do you love and which do you hate? Do you have a suggestion as to how to make it better - It might be time for a shake up!
Marian

Post by Marian » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:31 pm

Hi everyone,
I fully understand Michele, how much time and effort it must take to get all the info together. Thank you Marian for your support and hope Jack can be slotted in sometime in the future. In the meantime I look forward to reading about all the others destined for "the Spotlight". :D

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:58 pm

Who is John Longthorne? Or should I wait until August to find out?

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:24 am

Hi Paul and all. It is Joe Longthorne not John. Joe is a unique talent to sum up Paul. I cannot do justice to him here, but I will say that Joe has a powerful voice, Shirley Bassey esq. as he sing's many Shirley Bassey song's in his repertoire.

Joe has been rather ill over the past couple of year's suffering from "leukemia". He had to have a bone marrow operation a while ago, hopefully he is well on the road to recovery. My mum has actually gone to see him in concert tonight. :D :D
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:05 am

Hi Robert etc---was Joe more widely known for his impersonations---I remember him from way back on the radio, and he sang a song called "Reunited", changing from one singer to another each couple of lines. Just brilliant.!!

I had heard he was very ill, so glad to hear he is back to performing---perhaps you mum will tell you how the concert went!!

Then you can tell us. :lol: :lol:

Marian
Mariana

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:48 pm

Hi Marian,
Joe was famously known for his impressions. Shirley Bassey was one of his best that he always included in his shows either on Radio or on stage, and then Sinatra and Johnny Mathis were among other singers and on to the comedy pair Wilfred Bramble and Harry H Corbett, he was spot on with these.
We just love his recordings and have several video's. We saw him in Blackpool a few yrears ago and were fortunate to have front row seats, "well where else is there"!!! he was just fantastic, and he has a tremendous following of loyal fans. There were a lady sitting next to me who had seen him Forty Three times up to then. Goodness knows what her total must be by now. Good for her, and we can only wish Joe all the best in the world healthwise.

Return to “Site Areas”