Manila

The 2007 tour kicked off on 3rd November - Paul White, our very own reporter, brought you up to the moment news from the theatres across the country.
Michele Monro

Manila

Post by Michele Monro » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:29 am

Well Matt jetted off last Monday to the Philippines. I know he was very excited as he had such a wonderful time there last year. The schedule is as hectic as ever with TV performances at 6.00 in the morning (no I am not exagerating) and having to sing live. Hundreds of interviews for radio and newspapers as well as rehearsals with the new musicians have kept both Matt and Colin really busy. Having dragged their heels back to the hotel for a well earned rest on Wednesday, this after a full promotional day and making the rounds to visit his sponsors, they were certainly looking forward to a sit down and some quiet time.

The phone goes and the Chief of Staff informs Matt that Imelda Marcos requests the pleasure of Matt's company at a private dinner that evening. Imelda attended the show last year which meant a great deal to Matt but this was such an honour and one invitation that couldn't be turned down.

Colin and Matt were the only people to be invited although it seems 10 people were there ranging from her chief of security, her bodyguard, her personal doctor and nutritionist and they caused quite a stir in the restaurant.

ImeldA used to attend all my father's shows and was such a fan of his music and I know many of you have seen the pictures on Matt's webpage of Imelda coming onto the stage last year with her bodyguards in tow which was amazing. So it would seem that Matt has a new fan and I cannot wait to hear all the news. Opening night was yesterday but I have not heard anything yet because of the huge time difference it is hard for him to ring us when we would still be up but I am sure there will be a call over the weekend.

If nothing else I am sure there will be numerous press cuttings and fantastic phtographs to come from this tour.

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:24 am

Imelda has absolutely great taste, being a big fan of your dad's 8) 8) :D :D
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:51 pm

Great for Matt Jnr to meet again with Imelda Marcos on his tour of the Phillipines and no doubt Matt will have a wonderful time and as always in the Phillipines get a great welcome and reception.
We wish Matt lots of luck on the tour. :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Legend Lives On Tour Blog”