Canterbury

The 2007 tour kicked off on 3rd November - Paul White, our very own reporter, brought you up to the moment news from the theatres across the country.
paul and sue

Canterbury

Post by paul and sue » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:52 pm

Hi all, well back home in Worthing again and finally a chance to get back online, this is the first chance I have had as every Hotel we have stayed at has had the computer terminals removed and replaced with WiFi (wireless internet), well that’s lovely if you have your laptop with you but unfortunately we did not, well that’s about to change as the Son of the legend is going to take his from now on so getting online should be simple, before I start on the Canterbury show blog Matt has asked me to post an apology for not coming out at the end of the Beck Fan club show until late, as it was the first show of this years tour there were a few wrinkles to iron out and it took longer than expected, on Wednesday the 3rd of October it was the turn of the Marlowe theatre Canterbury to experience the thrill of the Matt Monro Jnr show, well as all of you that read the blog know that the journeys with us are never that simple and this one was no different, it was fine getting to Canterbury but when we got into the centre things went a bit pear shaped, we just kept going round and round a one way system with no sign of the theatre until finally Matt spotted a tiny little sign pointing down a one way pedestrian precinct, I had no choice so I put the hazard lights on the car and drove straight down the middle of it praying that a police car didn’t come the other way, it didn’t and we arrived the theatre, I have taken a lot of photos and will start posting them later this evening, the show itself was wonderful and I was able to watch a lot it as my wife Sue was with me, I loved the comedy routine that leads into If they could see me now and judging by the audience reaction so did they, all too soon it was over and time to pack up and head off to the hotel for the night ready for the next show in Westcliff on sea, until the next time, take care all, Paul

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:11 am

Thanks for the news of Matt's tour Paul.
Glad you finally found the Marlowe Theatre and all went well.
It sounds the kind of place to go if there's a war. :lol: :lol: but we can tell that we are going to get some great up-dates. Thanks again Paul :lol:

Return to “The Legend Lives On Tour Blog”