Westcliff on Sea

The 2007 tour kicked off on 3rd November - Paul White, our very own reporter, brought you up to the moment news from the theatres across the country.
paul and sue

Westcliff on Sea

Post by paul and sue » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:41 pm

Hi all, another day another show and this time it was a short journey for once to Westcliff on Sea, or was it, no when you look on the map it looks quite simple just across the other side of the Thames estuary, as the crow flies it isn’t far but when you look closer on the map you see the words every motorist dreads “Dartford Tunnel”, sometimes you can be lucky and fly straight through but then you can be unlucky and get held up for hours, well with our luck we knew what was coming and we were not disappointed, about 2 miles from the tunnel the traffic started building and just got worse the nearer we got, an hour later we got through and flew down to Westcliff on Sea via a Little Chef, we had a bit of time when we got there so decided to go to the hotel and freshen up, well what a little gem this turned out to be, The Westcliff Hotel set on front with stunning views, a quick splash and dash and we were off to the Palace Theatre, this venue was the first one where we had Fan club guests, Jack and Collette Jackson and judging from their reaction I think they enjoyed it, all too soon it time for myself and my faithful assistant Sue to set up the merchandise stall and Matt to prepare for the show, the show itself was its usual highly polished performance with the audience loving For once in my life, all too soon it was time to pack up and head back to the Hotel, this time there was a difference, the Hotel had very kindly kept the bar open for us, so not wishing to miss this rare opportunity all the crew came back and we had a bit of a party as we did not have a show the following day, until the next time take care all Paul

Return to “The Legend Lives On Tour Blog”