Wellinborough

The 2007 tour kicked off on 3rd November - Paul White, our very own reporter, brought you up to the moment news from the theatres across the country.
paul and sue

Wellinborough

Post by paul and sue » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:25 pm

Hi all, following a quick trip back to Worthing to take Sue home and then back to Monro Towers it was time to head for Wellinborough for a Saturday night show, a very pleasing trouble free journey straight up the M1 apart from this funny habit my car has developed, everytime we pass a Motorway services that has a Kentucky fried chicken in it the car just veers to the left and we wind up in the services, well as we are there we might as well do the right thing and eat some, after a light snack of about 10,000 calories we headed on to Wellinborough, upon arrival I went into my well rehearsed routine of finding the merchandise set up area and introducing myself to the Theatre Manager, this year I have a job title, I am Road Manager and also assistant Tour Manager to Richie, meanwhile Matt goes to Band call at 5`oclock for a quick sound check, after that its all systems go as the audience are arriving and its soon showtime, this time I was on my own on the merchandise as Sue had gone home, still never mind I would still be able to hear it as I was right next to the doors wouldn’t I? no unfortunately not as they had a function room just opposite to where I had set up and there was a wedding reception on, luckily for me they left the doors open all evening, instead of the music of Matt Monro jnr I endured such wonderful songs as, The Birdie song, Y.M.C.A and then the icing on the cake Hi Ho Silver lining, I heard none of the show but at the end I always get a real buzz from the audience as they come out full of praise, still job done off to the Hotel for a couple of drinks and time to unwind, until the next time take care all, Paul

john

Post by john » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:33 pm

Great to read your reviews from the various venues Paul and Sue, thanks for keeping us all informed.

Marian

Post by Marian » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:59 pm

Thanks Paul and Sue. It sure sounds a hectic schedule "on the road again!
Hope you get some easy journeys, and not too many wedding receptions!
Marian :wink:

Return to “The Legend Lives On Tour Blog”