Croydon

The 2007 tour kicked off on 3rd November - Paul White, our very own reporter, brought you up to the moment news from the theatres across the country.
paul and sue

Croydon

Post by paul and sue » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:23 pm

Hi all, sorry about the late posting, well Croydon last night and what a surprise this little gem turned out to be, on the way to all of the venues I always ask the son of the legend what the parking is like and the lay out of the theatre as he has done most of them before so he knows. The answer was there is loads of parking as it is a big site with two theatres so there would be no problem. We arrived at about 4`oclock to a scene of utter chaos, the Matt Monro Jnr show was in the Ashcroft Theatre and in the other one was Status Quo, the car park was jammed packed with three massive double decker tour buses for the band and its travelling army of technicians. To make things even more chaotic they had two 40 foot articulated lorries for all their sound and lighting equipment and various assorted luxury Bentleys and Range Rovers dotted around. Security guards were everywhere it was like being in a war zone, we finally got in the car park and with a lot of moving of other cars, found a little hole in the corner. Sue and I unloaded Matt`s dress suits and his other bits and pieces into his dressing room and then tried to find where the merchandise stand was to be set up. We were greeted with the words it`s a bit of a hike, yes indeed it was it was, through the back of the stage and up through the main theatre. Now I have seen a few steep theatres but by this time it was starting to resemble the north face of Everest. I had no need to worry as my knight in shining armour Zak came to my rescue yet again, he has been absolutely fantastic and without his help on this tour with the merchandise I am convinced I would be out of action with a double hernia, so pat yourself on the back Zak. A large one is on its way to you my friend, anyway onto the show.

Having Sue with me I am able to keep poping into the show and see what the reaction is from the audience, I would guess that there was 350 people there last night and yet again Matt had them screaming for more and another deserved standing ovation. I have gone off of the electrical current idea and have another theory, I think it is a combination of arthritic hip and cramp.

A couple of days off now and I have arrived back here in sunny Worthing to a mountain of post.
Until the next time, take care all
Paul and Sue

Return to “The Legend Lives On Tour Blog”