Clacton

The 2007 tour kicked off on 3rd November - Paul White, our very own reporter, brought you up to the moment news from the theatres across the country.
paul and sue

Clacton

Post by paul and sue » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:22 pm

Matt had told me prior to arriving in Clacton that he had played The Princess Theatre last year and I think word had got round because it was full of enthusiastic people who were determined to have a great time.

The theatre is like an old town hall, the outsie is modelled on Roman decor and the inside of the building is all art deco so I was quite shocked at the mix, the contrast was striking.

Striking is the only world I can think of for the perfromances tonight, the crowd went wild when Matt closed the show with "We're Gonna Change the World", the whole room was on its feet. One woman leapt from midway down the aisles and ran up to the stage and threw flowers up at Matt, she was ecstatic.

It was so busy that for the first time on the tour we ran out of merchandise, Matt's CD's were flying off the table and after such a high several fans were disappointed that they couldn't buy Matt's album. I tried to explain that they could order it off the website but of course they wanted it signed.

A great end to the evening and all I wanted to do was go back to the hotel and relax in the bar with a cold drink. That's what I wanted to do but the hotel had other ideas. The bar and all public areas closed at 11.00pm. Nopw I know this is a seaside town but people do stay up beyond 11.00pm. We couldn't believe it and Matt, Colin and the crew had arranged a meeting to discuss the Philippines. We ended up in the Honeymoon Suite as the rooms were so small, that when I bent down to take off my shoes, my bum hit the bathroom door - awful place - and I have made note that if ever Matt plays here again, he has to stay elsewhere.

Onto Horsham for a sell out show, should be interesting as there is nowheer for us to restock the merchandise before going back to "Monro Towers". I think I'll put a dep in.
Until later
Bye for now
Paul

Marian

Post by Marian » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:32 am

WHAT A TOUR!!! I THINK MATT JNR HAD BETTER GO ROUND AGAIN!!!!!!

Marian :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Legend Lives On Tour Blog”