Horsham

The 2007 tour kicked off on 3rd November - Paul White, our very own reporter, brought you up to the moment news from the theatres across the country.
paul and sue

Horsham

Post by paul and sue » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:18 pm

Morning all, well last night it was Horsham`s turn to experience the thrill of the Matt Monro jnr show and they absolutely loved it, little did they know the journey we had had. Ever since we left to do the first show on the 3rd of November I had a feeling that somewhere on the road we would run into traffic problems, yesterday my fears became a reality, we left Clacton at about 11.30 for Horsham, normally a journey of about 2 and a half hours, we had just got onto the A12 when we hit a massive traffic jam, there had been a bad smash and the police had closed the road, the only option we had was to turn off the engine and wait, we sat there for a good hour until slowly but surely the traffic started to trickle along, it then took us a further 4 hours to crawl into Horsham.

The Capitol Theatre is a wonderful venue, it`s a converted 1930`s Ritz cinema that has remained unmolested, all the council has done is add a marvellous glass frame around the outside of the building which looks fantastic. Inside the decor and lighting is rather special, I have taken a few photos and will upload later on. The show itself was its usual polished masterpiece with Zak warming the audience up very nicely and the son of the legend taking them to boiling point. Having my wife Sue with me for the last few shows has been a real pleasure as it allows me to leave the mechandise stall and float around the theatre seeing the show from all different vantage points. Last night's thrill was to go backstage and watch "Change the World". Matt knew I was standing there and came across and winked at me as he said "Matt Monro ladies and gentlemen" to introduce the start of the song. That was a very special moment for me and one that will stay with me forever.

After the show we loaded up and headed back to my house in Worthing, we decided it was better to crash out there rather than endure another "hotel stop". As I write this penultimate blog I have the pleasure of Mr Matt Monro jnr laying on my sofa looking at me wondering what I am writing. Next stop "Monro Towers" then back home for a few days and then onto Chesterfield for the final event.

Until later, take care all
Paul and Sue

Marian

Post by Marian » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:53 pm

Thank you for up loading all the new pictures Paul. Really interesting to see all the behind the scenes tour shots.
As always, enjoying your entertaining write-ups too. :D :D

Marian

Return to “The Legend Lives On Tour Blog”