Chesterfield

The 2007 tour kicked off on 3rd November - Paul White, our very own reporter, brought you up to the moment news from the theatres across the country.
paul and sue

Chesterfield

Post by paul and sue » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:48 pm

Hi all, sorry about the late update but yesterday was a bit chaotic again. Thursday night and it was the turn of Chesterfield to recieve the Matt Monro Jnr show and what a show it turned out to be. The audience absolutely loved every minute of it and were treated to the thrill of the "son of the legend" performing "Impossible Dream" for the first time on this tour as a prelude to performing it in the Philippines.

The theatre itself was very nice and the best thing from my point of view was that the merchandise set up area was about 10 feet from where my car was parked. It's funny the show is still as great for me as it was that very first night that it is hard not to keep repeating myself but I have to say the show was fabulous. I was a little sick knowing that that was it for me for the time being but I didn't take the time to think about it for long as I would have gone sulky so after the show we drove back to the hotel for a couple of shandys and then off to bed. The following morning we left for "Monro Towers" a journey Matt had told me would only take about two and a half hours. Five hours later we were back at the house to find Michele had cooked us a lovely roast dinner, thanks Michele.

Last night, as it was the final night for me before going home back to my normal day job, Matt and I sat up all night and watched the cricket. Rather than oversleep Matt thought it best to stay up all night. Coming off a month's tour and then having to repack for another two week stint is no mean feat. Certain music has to be changed over, some patter comes out in case of a lack of English speaking people, clothes washed, publicity promo and the like has to be packed. Michele has given Matt her camera and insisted that he come back with some photos that give us mere mortals an indication of what it was like.

At 6.30am this morning I dropped the "son of the legend" off at Heathrow for his 17 hour flight to the Philippines. Colin Keyes and Gus Douglas, the Tour Manager all met at the ticket counter, Security was a nightmare and the queues were long. The band don't come on this tour because of costs, the promoters hire local musicians and Matt has to keep his fingers crossed that they can read music.

I am now back at home in Worthing wondering if my life can ever be the same again after having such a wonderful experience.

Take care all
Hopefully until another time
Paul

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:10 pm

Thank you very much Paul for all your regular updates during the tour, which we have all enjoyed reading so very much indeed 8)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Marian

Post by Marian » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:40 pm

I agree completely Paul. Really enjoyed reading all your reviews of each venue, and seeing all the great photos taken on tour. GREAT STUFF!
Many thanks!

Marian :lol: :lol:

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:44 am

Yes many thanks Paul, we've been very grateful for your detailed and lengthy reports on each concert venue, and it's clear that you have genuinely enjoyed being with the superb Matt and the brilliant Colin Keyes on this tour.
And now after reading Matt's blog report, we have got some idea of what it's all about, so it's perhaps now a llittle relaxing time for you Paul, and we wish Matt, Colin, and Gus a wonderful time in the Phillipines where we can imagine the welcome they will receive. :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Legend Lives On Tour Blog”