Gunton Hall Lowestoft

The 2007 tour kicked off on 3rd November - Paul White, our very own reporter, brought you up to the moment news from the theatres across the country.
paul and sue

Gunton Hall Lowestoft

Post by paul and sue » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:20 pm

Hi all,

Well the day I have dreamed of since the tour ended arrived, another show, this time it was a Warner Breaks holiday park in Lowestoft called Gunton Hall who specialize in weekend breaks for the older cliental. It’s a marvellous holiday park set in spacious woodland with a lake, rowing boats, and other outdoor pursuits for the older generation like archery and rifle shooting. We arrived at the venue at 2pm with plenty of time to spare and the son of the legend was due on at 10pm. Upon arrival we had a quick look around and found ourselves in the main auditorium to be greeted by the words from the sound booth “ladies and gentlemen please take your partners for the foxtrot” well that let me out as I don’t do that one and I don’t think Matt does either. It was so nice to see Len and Freda Gibson again, they had booked in for the weekend to see the show, the hours flew by and with an hour to go before Show Time, it was the time for the support act, it was the hardest act in the business to follow, yes you’ve guessed it “Bingo”

I set the merchandise stall up to the left of the stage under the sound booth and waited for those fantastic words “Ladies and Gentlemen Matt Monro jnr. The show began as usual with “As long as I’m singing” and then straight into “How Do You Do”, with the son of the legend coming off stage and walking into the audience to greet everyone on the front tables. I left the merchandise stall and walked up to the back where they parked the wheelchairs just to watch the reaction and it was unbelievable. Matt was supposed to do an hour but wound up doing an hour and twenty minutes, he just could not get off the stage.

After the show the son of the legend came off stage to meet and sign autographs and having done the deed he decided to change his shoes and put his trainers on, that way he avoided ruining his dress shoes whilst walking to our accommodation. He kept his stage suit on for the walk across the grounds, but what he had forgotten was that he had left the rest of his clothes in the ballroom’s dressing room. So the next morning arrives and sees him walking through the building to great accolade for such a wonderful performance dressed in a tux and training shoes. Did I smile? yes you bet I did!!!

Until the next time, which hopefully is Ireland take care all,
All the best Paul
p.s. I have posted a few photos especially the one with the tux and trainers.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:13 am

Sounds like a great show Paul--thanks for telling us about it--just off to check out the photos !
Mariana

Marian

Post by Marian » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:17 am

As always, a great write-up Paul.. Off to look at the photos too.

Marian :wink:

Marian

Post by Marian » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:23 am

Great one - in the suit and trainers!! Thanks for giving us a smile Paul.
Marian. :wink:

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:45 pm

Another triumphant night for Matt at Gunton Hall then Paul, everyone appreciating Matt's performance, and we know from Len and Freda's posting how much they had enjoyed it. :lol:
Thanks Paul. We are also going in to view the pictures. :lol: :lol:

john

Post by john » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:52 pm

Yes thanks Paul, as always your comments are extremely interesting, will go and look at the photos now.

Return to “The Legend Lives On Tour Blog”