A New Project

Have you attended one of our events.
Share the experience with us
singing taxi driver

A New Project

Post by singing taxi driver » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:20 pm

Hey everyone and I hope you are all well and in good spirits.

On a day when both Ireland and England departed the Rugby World Cup, I decided to share with you some news of a project I am working on, the result of my attendance at the book launch in EMI.

For many years, the music of Matt inspired me, and yet it was the result of a conversation with Michele, that I realised, just how connected I am with the family. Everyone is on their own personal journey and that is why Matt's performance of The Impossible Dream meant so much to me, at times without me realising it.

Since returning home, I got talking with my musical director, and I told him of how I wanted to play my part in paying tribute to The Man with the Golden Voice. So after some phone calls and meetings, I am delighted and excited to announce that I will perform two Christmas Concerts in my home town of Cobh in December, and the title will be "A Golden Christmas" - A tribute to Matt Monro. My plan also is to follow this with further performances in 2012. The concerts will feature many of the favourite songs that people will remember, and I do believe there is an audience for this great music here in Ireland and beyond.

As I have further details to hand, I will post them here, and while I know, it will be difficult for people to travel here in December, it is my intention to film a DVD of these concerts and then sell them with proceeds going to a charity.

Have a great weekend everyone,
Darragh
Darragh McGann - The Singing Taxi Driver

ROBERT M.

Re: A New Project

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:14 am

Well done Darragh :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Return to “Fans Reunited - Tuesday 2 October 2007”