FISH/CHIP RENDEZVOUS

Have you attended one of our events.
Share the experience with us
mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:31 pm

Angela-I think we are all quite excited now--I know the weekend will fly past. they have forecast rain for Monday--but they are nearly always wrong !!

I wish everyone a safe journey.
Mariana

Marian

Post by Marian » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:19 pm

Wasn't it today Paul was flying in? Just hope he has a smooth flight, and doesn't arrive in a downpour! Also, hope he has his long pants on!!!
Safe journey everyone. See you very soon.
Marian :D

john

Post by john » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:44 pm

Yes, have a good journey down, everyone! :)

Angela51

Fans Reunited

Post by Angela51 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:34 pm

:D :D

Good Luck Everyone with your journey

I am just now beginning to gather my essentials together :wink: :wink: not be long now before we all meet again.

E X C I T I N G .......

Angela

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:43 pm

I'll post my comments on Fans Reunited II later. But I thought I would provide short a review of our (Angela, Mariana, John, and I) Fish & Chips rendezvous.

Angela was so kind to drive us to Jack's Fish & Chips in Uxbridge. We each had delicious cod, soggy chips, mushy peas, and not very appealing bread and butter (over $1 in price :shock: ...it's always complimentary in the US :) ). It was my first time for the mushy peas and I loved them. Marian said I had to put some kind of liquid on my fish ... I believe it was vinegar. :? :)

We stayed at Jack's for quite awhile as I ate all of Marian's chips. Then Angela drove us back to the Premier Travel Inn for my first English pub experience. We had a nice time with three rounds of drinks (actually only two for me :) ; Americans drink slowly :wink: ). We chatted about music and we even got to hear Marian's lovely singing voice. :wink: And I learned three new expressions from Angela. :) And John explained the differences between the British political parties. Thanks Marian, Angela, and John for everything!

We actually closed the pub at midnight to conclude a very lovely evening. :D

Marian

Post by Marian » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:15 pm

Sounds like you enjoyed a really genuine English evening Paul, in fantastic company. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pleased to hear you all had such a good time. :D :D
Marian :wink:

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:25 pm

Ignore what Paul said about my singing voice--it is just awful!!

Maybe a couple of glasses of wine helped it sound better :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mariana

Marian

Post by Marian » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:35 pm

I'm sure you're being very modest Marian. We all know how knowledgeable Paul is about music, and song! :D :D

Just realised, please forgive me Paul, it's only just dawned on me, you must be back at home. Hope you had a smooth, uneventful journey.
It was great to see you again, and hopefully, we can all do it again sometime. :lol: :lol: Hope you like your photos...nice one with Angela, actually they are all good of you. :wink:
Marian :D

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:58 pm

Thanks, Marian. It was wonderful being with everyone again. :D I had a safe, uneventful journey home and arrived in 80 degree Fahrenheit temperatures at 7:30 pm! :shock: This weekend is upper 80s and maybe 90s. So, short pants all weekend long. :) Actually, I'm wishing for some British weather. I find it refreshing. Six straight months of sunny days in the 80s and 90s is a bit too much.

Can somewhere please tell me where the photos are located? I had trouble finding them last year and seem to be struggling again this year. :cry: :oops: Thank you.

john

Post by john » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:13 am

Hi Paul, glad you arrived home safely. Nice to meet you this week.
You can find the photo's if you click on Members Lounge and then scroll down to scrapbook, click that, and on the left hand side there are several areas, click on the fans reunited then you should get the photos.

Gray

Post by Gray » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:17 am

Jeff

Thanks for the posting - "soggy chips and a liquid on them" :D
That's made me laugh.
:D
Gray

Angela51

Fans Reunited

Post by Angela51 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:28 am

:D :D

Hi everyone...... Just re-covering after a couple of days in bed :wink:
full of a cold :cry:

It was a lovely evening at the FISH/CHIPS cafe, and fun watching Paul sample the dishes. In fact they are the only pictures (2) which I took there that have come out fine. Others taken in The Beck Foyer, have come out rather blurry, rather sad. :cry:

Angela

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:02 am

For proper Fish and Chips, I thought the fish should be Haddock................tastes much nicer :wink:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

len & freda

Post by len & freda » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:59 am

Glad to here you all enjoyed youtr soggy chips at Jacks Fish and Chips Bar, what you should had done is had all the drinks first and the fish and chips would have tasted even better.

Did not realise you were all meeting at Jacks, as Len could have arranged for you all as guests to join us at RAF Uxbridge in the Royal Air Force Association Club resturant.(Battle of Britain Club food second to none)
We were there on the Monday evening, on the opposite side of the road to Jack's.

Perhaps next year you would like to give it some thought

Best wishes

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:25 am

Hi Lena and Freda---we had been arranged to go to "Jacks" for fish and chips for some time, as Paul was anxious to try his first proper British Fish and Chips.

Thank you for your invitation to the RAF club restaurant--I am sure we would all like to take advantage of it at the next Fan club Meet.
Mariana

Return to “Fans Reunited - Tuesday 2 October 2007”