THE SECOND FANS RE-UNITED MEET UP.

Have you attended one of our events.
Share the experience with us
Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:19 am

Hi Len and Freda, it was so nice meeting you both and we agree with all that you have said. It was a fantastic day, brilliantly organised by Michele.
We hope we can meet up again.
Meantime stay well and keep enjoying the music that all us Monro Maniacs love so much. :lol: :lol: :lol:

mark porter

Post by mark porter » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:54 pm

good morning.
cant find the photos !! are they on here?

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:34 pm

They are on there Mark...Go to the front page... on the left scroll to ROUGH GUIDE, Click on and scroll to where you see SCRAPBOOK scroll to VIEW MY PHOTO ALBUM click on there and you will see Fans- Reunited.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:42 pm

Well, at last I have found time to let you know my thoughts and experiences on the Second Fans Reunited meeting.

It started with me meeting up with John, at Euston, where our knight in shining armour [more usually known as Harry], picked us up, and drove us all the way to the Premier Inn, along with what seemed to be every other car in London leaving at the same time..

On arrival we found that Angela was waiting in reception, and Paul was just checking in---good timing or what !! Paul, being Paul, had to dash off for more retail therapy in HMV, while Harry, John, Angela and I had a drink and a chat.

We met later on, to go along to Jack’s Fish and Chip shop. I hope that Paul was not disappointed in his first taster of fish, chips, and mushy peas—I know I thoroughly enjoyed mine [minus chips]. We ended the evening at the Premier Inn, with a few more drinks , more chat , and at the same time educating Paul with some curious [to him] English sayings!! It was midnight before we knew it—time for sleep, as a busy day ahead of us.

Harry and Lena managed to squeeze us all in his taxi, and take us along to the Beck—practically the first person I saw was Gray—who drove down from York and back again the same day just to be there-glad you made it Gray-it would not have been the same without you.

I was delighted to see Michele looking really well, and of course Mickie and Max too.

The larger room was much more comfortable than last year, and it was much nicer not to have to move. We had such a treat in store with all the Audio Clips and Video Clips that Michele had sorted out for us. I was astounded at the high quality of both the audio and video clips—some going back nearly 50 years, but still looking so fresh. I guess we all had our own favourites—my fave video was “This is all I ask” and my fave audio was “When I look in your eyes”—such a lovely song, and I am sure that Michele said it would be on the new album, “Matt at the Movies”, which really sounds like a great collection of songs. We were so privileged to be able to see and hear these clips—the time just flew.

Then it was quiz time. I will just say how glad I was to have John on our team- he was amazing!!. Each song, after just one or two notes, he would start scribbling down the title, before I even had time to think !!—we even had some backwards ones that he got straightaway. As my quiz prize I chose the new autobiography of “David Cassidy” a big favourite of my sister , who has been through a really tough time lately. [Yes—this is the same sister who loves Westlife”!!]

On our table, we were all delighted when Marian and Peter won the star prize in the raffle, so that made up for us not winning any other raffle prizes.

By then it was probably about 6.30, and buffet was served—and as I had only had a light breakfast that morning, I was more than ready for the delicious spread that was laid out for us.

Before we knew it, we were being asked to take our seats in the auditorium. I had a really good seat, and sat back ready to enjoy the concert. Matt Jr came on sang a few songs , then introduced us to 2 new singers joining him on this tour—I really enjoyed them both, and later they joined Matt Jr on stage as background singers. Matt sang some songs from his new album, and I think my favourite of the songs that Matt Jr sang was “The Lady is a Tramp”.

After the show Harry took us back to the Premier Inn , where we had a few [more] drinks in the bar—and at closing time we went back to The Premier Inn for a chat, but it was quite difficult as there was no proper lounge there. Eventually we all made our way to our rooms. It had a long, but very exciting and happy day.

I am just so proud to be a part of this wonderful group of people—and I have made some very special friends--Harry and Lena, Marian and Peter, Paul, Gray, Angela —and John is now another good friend to us all, plus some special people who could not be there—but maybe next time

I was so pleased to meet up with Jon, Mark, Len and Freda, Janet and Geoff, and Mark and Jules— [By the way –your cd is in the post, but only the Post office knows when it will arrive!!!!]

I want to end by saying a really big thank you to Michele, and all her team for a terrific day. Here’s to the next one !!
Mariana

john

Post by john » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:09 am

That was a nice write up Marian. I was half expecting you to list every song that was played during the course of the afternoon, I was watching you scribbling hastily down on your note pad the songs that were being shown or played. :lol: :wink:
Like you said, it was great to meet everybody over the course of the 2 days. 8) :D

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:10 am

I enjoyed reading your write up very much Marian. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Gray

Post by Gray » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:37 am

Thank you, Marian.

Gray

PS Cor blimey, what a gift for your sister, I LOVE David Cassidy. :)

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:40 am

Hi all--yes, I did list all the songs, but as Lena had already listed them, I did not see any point in doing them again--and I had already cut down my posting in half !!

I have sent off the "David Cassidy" book to my sister, but who knows where is it is now :lol: :lol:
Mariana

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:53 am

Great write up Marian. Thank you. As far as the songs we'd still missed a few out :roll: but everyone seems to have mentioned their special favourites, and got their feelings and thoughts across.
We are also proud to be part of this wonderful group of people and the friends we've made. :lol: :lol:
We shall be seeing Marian and Peter again with Mark in the King of Swings show at the Beck Theatre.
We never thought we'd be back there so quick. :lol: :lol:

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:40 pm

That show with Mark sounds great-I'd love to be there too, but it is just not possible--look forward to hearing about it from the 4 of you !
Mariana

Terence Lee

Post by Terence Lee » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:43 pm

Thank you Marian for such a detailed write-up. Really loved reading it......it's the closest thing to being there. How I wish.......

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:14 pm

You never know Terence--you may be able to make it one year...
Mariana

ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:09 pm

Arn't you at The Beck for Mickey Rooney soon L&H :?: or has that gone by already.
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:10 am

The Mickey Rooney show was at High Wycombe Robert. Unfortunately due to me being under the weather we weren't able to go, but my relatives said that it was a wonderful show. He had lots of stories to tell with added film clips, and both he and his wife Jan singing songs together. His wife has a very good voice.
He has been married Eight Times, but has been married to Jan for 35 years, so at last he got it right. :lol: :lol:

Marian

Post by Marian » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:16 pm

A friend of ours went to see Mickey Rooney and his wife at The Cliffs Pavilion in Southend. He thoroughly enjoyed the show, calling Mickey, a legend! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Marian :wink:

Return to “Fans Reunited - Tuesday 2 October 2007”