THE SECOND FANS RE-UNITED MEET UP.

Have you attended one of our events.
Share the experience with us
ROBERT M.

Post by ROBERT M. » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:08 am

Yes john. I have been checking, but none are up yet from Friends Re-United 2 :wink:
"My Tears Will Fall Now That You're Gone,
I Can't Help But Cry, But I Must Go On" :(

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:21 am

Harry has got a few to go up John, he will probably put them up tomorrow, and I have some on my STEAM camera to have developed. Hoping they come out ok :lol: :lol:

Marian

Post by Marian » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:28 am

I have a few ready, but I was wondering whether there will be a new category for Fans Reunited 2 ?
Marian :D

Marian

Post by Marian » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:36 am

I've uploaded some, just waiting for them to be added. Unfortunately, a couple from last year crept in, :oops: :oops: but hopefully they can be removed later. :wink:
Marian :lol:

Terence Lee

Photos please

Post by Terence Lee » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:18 pm

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time. Can we see the photos ASAP please? Thanks.....can't wait.

john

Post by john » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:03 pm

Yes, we all had a great time Terence, the day went far too quickly though, but then again as the saying goes, time flies when you're having fun. 8)

Terence Lee

Post by Terence Lee » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:51 pm

Thanks Marian for the pics.

All of you look so lovely. Michele has lost a lot of weight. Max is all grown up. Nice to see the 2 Marians in one photo.
John, is that you standing next to Paul and sticking out your tongue? :lol:
Last edited by Terence Lee on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

john

Post by john » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:44 pm

Yes, unfortunately that's me Terence, I am not quite sure what I was doing in a couple of those photo's, I think there were so many people taking photos at the same time I didn't know at which camera to look at. :? :shock: :lol:

Terence Lee

Post by Terence Lee » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:42 pm

Hi John

There's one other photo where you looked bewitched, bothered and bewildered!

Your expression is priceless!! :twisted:
Last edited by Terence Lee on Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

john

Post by john » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:47 pm

I know, Terence. I think Marian should have got a black pen and covered my face in them. :wink: :lol:

paul jh

Post by paul jh » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:06 am

For me the highlight of Fans Reunited II was spending the day with the Monro family and my fellow Matt Monro fans---those I met last year and the many new ones. Everyone is so nice and we all love the music of Matt Monro.

I could listen to the audio clips and watch the video clips all day long. I loved all of them. The highlight was Somewhere. At the time, I thought I was the only one with tears in my eyes. But I now understand that many others shared my emotion with this most tender moment and performance.

My other five favourites were:

The Teem commercial (how I miss that soft drink :( )

This Is All I Ask (where we believe Matt Monro switched the lyrics, but it was still beautiful)

On Days Like These, which he sang at a bit quicker tempo and in a bossa nova style. (I love hearing different versions of the famous songs).

Valentine

When I Look In Your Eyes (from the upcoming Matt at the Movies)

:cry: The lowlight: that's easy, my dismal showing on the audio music quiz, which Michele rightfully deprecated. In my defence, I only know about 150 - 200 Matt Monro songs; I want to keep learning new Matt Monro songs forever and at a slow pace. But I was chuffed to know "In The Still Of The Night", which the "Top Team" didn't get. :wink: :)

I was pleased to get a CD collection of soft string arrangements as a recognition for my postings. I haven't listened to it yet, but the liner notes are superb. The goodie bag was great again. I'm thrilled to have the lyric book with great photos and even sheet music. The photos of Matt and Matt Jnr also cool and the candy a nice added touch.

It was a fantastic day. :)

Gray

Post by Gray » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:15 am

Hi Jeff

Glad you made it home safely.
I've played Ethel Baby frequently since we spoke in the queue for the meal, it is quite wonderful, isn't it?

Gray

Angela51

Fans Reunited

Post by Angela51 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:48 am

:D :D

Lovely to meet old and new friends, and Michele is a 'STAR' with all the arrangements she had to make.

I throughly enjoyed myself, more so enjoyed the music from the Party-Bag, (Music about Town) and of course the classics of our dear MATT, which made the journey home more pleasant :wink: :wink:

Angela

len & freda

Post by len & freda » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:08 pm

We both had a good time at the meet, Michele did us proud, it was lovely meeting people and putting faces to names, also it was lovely to meet Mickie (what a lovely lady) also Michele. We caught up with the news with our special and dear friends Dave and Ann from the I.O.W. seeing that we became friends because of the club, what a wonderful organisation it has turned out to be.

Many thanks to Geraldine for her newsletters.

Len had his photograph taken with Paul (U.S.A) as their dates of birth are both the 16th March, not the same year as you may have noticed.

Concert was very good, enjoyed it immensly,

I can't believe it it going to be twelve months before we may all meet again, the only thing that worries us is our Michele doesn't overdo things.

Best wishes to you all

Terence Lee

Post by Terence Lee » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:36 am

Thank you for uploading all the wonderful photos.
It was certainly a memorable day!

Return to “Fans Reunited - Tuesday 2 October 2007”