THE SECOND FANS RE-UNITED MEET UP.

Have you attended one of our events.
Share the experience with us
jon

Post by jon » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:18 am

Hi everyone

Really enjoyed the event on Tuesday and it was great to meet up with Lena, Harry, the two Marians, Mark and Paul/Jeff and to speak to them in person after a year of talking online. I think I may have missed one or two people such as Gray who I believe was there but for some reason our paths didn't cross. Hopefully next year. The video clips were great to see; I think the one I enjoyed the most was Matt singing a (rather uptempo) version of "It Was A Very Good Year". It would be good if the soundtracks of these perfomances of Matt's of songs which he never recorded could be transferred to CD at some point. A big thanks to Michelle and family for putting on such a splendid event. Unfortunately I couldn't stay for the concert but I'm sure it was splendid and that you all enjoyed it.

"My"quiz team - which also included Paul/Jeff and Mark - came top in the picture round but we stumbled on the album covers round and the soundtracks; shame on us really as we should have done better. But overall our team came second (I think) after John's/Marians'/Lena and Harry's.

Looking forward to next year's already.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:12 am

Yes we we pleased when we heard that Leeds had won Gray,
It was a great day all round wasn't it.
We wondered what your favourite clip was that Michele showed?? :lol:
Jon it was great meeting you and we did hear some great stuff, and we couldn't agree more that it would be nice to have some of this on CDs, but you never know. :lol:
Mark, we talked about the sound of the band era and Peter is a fan too. Here is the web-site that we mentioned. www.dailymotion.com/group/36139

Gray

Post by Gray » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:22 pm

Hi Lena & Harry

I know that you are aware how much I love the Bennett clips, I think 'Lullaby of Broadway' is just electric.
My spirts rose another notch when Michele mentioned that she had permission to include three of the six Tony Bennet clips available onto a compilation DVD.
Guess who will be first in the queue when that dvd is released!? :)

The other clip that was magical for me was 'On Days Like These' from the Tom Jones show.
To see the master craftsman perform, and perform THAT song, gosh, I cannot put my feelings into words.
But I'll try with simply wonderful.

It really was a memorable time for me, and Harry, you made me laugh when you admitted to posting a grand total of 11 messages. :)
How does the saying go?
Behind every great man...?

John, we'll meet for sure next time.

Gray

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:19 pm

We agree with all that you say regarding the Tony Bennett clips Gray.
At any future meet-ups these will probably be requested again and again, and to be transferred to DVD would be wonderful.
There's some gems to look forward to.
Gray, when Harry admitted to Eleven postings, the excitement of the day must have taken over :wink: unless I was in a coma during those times and totally unaware of them. :roll: :roll: Never mind I'll still let him watch "Nat King Cole" with me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:07 pm

Not wishing to burst your bubble Gray, I believe it's three minutes from the Tony Bennett not 3 performances.

However the DVD is only in the planning stages at the moment so anything could happen!

Glad everybody enjoyed the day. I knew John would do well in the quiz! It would have been interesting to see what people would have made of my tie breakers! 5 more ridiculously hard sound clips!

Richard

Gray

Post by Gray » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:22 pm

Hi Richard

I know I thanked you on the day, but once more thanks again for all your efforts.

Regarding Tony Bennett: Doh! I must of misheard in all my excitement, still, 3 minutes is better than nowt! :)

Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Gray

Marian

Post by Marian » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:22 pm

We'd have still won Richard, with John on our team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
Marian.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:36 pm

Hi Richard, our immediate thoughts about the quiz were..... here's where we go brain dead, :oops: thinking it was going to be about Matt's recordings on differenl labels and when they were recorded from Mono to Stereo etc. so we were pleasantly relieved and, yes we had John.
He simply amazed us with the audio part of the quiz, :shock: just a couple of bars and he had the song title :shock: :shock: and his knowledge of the albums :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

kimberley m phillips

Post by kimberley m phillips » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:08 pm

Hi Lena and Harry,
Lovely meeting you at The Beck on Tuesday at the Fans Reunited meet, it was such a lovely day, Michele put together a wonderful afternoon, filled with fantastic audio and great TV show footage, not forgetting the quiz that was great fun wasn't it, glad you both had a great time, I bought Matt Jnr and Snr's C.D'S The Rare Monro" is a fantastic work of art, ""If he could see me now" has some great tracks too, well chosen by MJ, something for everyone. Nice to say hello and have a chat with Freda and Len who sat next to me for MJ's concert, nice to meet Marion too. I was also thrilled to win a raffle prize which is unusual for me ha ha, I chose a set of Matt Snr's 4 C.D'S which included a book written by Michele, I looked forward to a lovely evening at home reading about and listerning to Matt Snr, happy listerning to you all.
k phillips

MarkKnight

Post by MarkKnight » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:52 pm

Hi gang !!!!!!

Well here we all are again safe in our homes from what I can describe as a wonderful time with you all and of course Matt's family who I must stand and sing out praise for........what a family - BRILLIANT ! :D

May I thank everyone for their warm welcome shown to Jules and myself from you all - THANKYOU :D

Michelle ....if you read this imput may we thank you and your family from the bottom of Jules and my hearts for such a wonderful meet.....I could see the stress and strains that it brought at times ....... especially when the staff at the Beck moved the tables and raffle prizes ooops :x

All in all ........ JUST FANTASTIC :D :D :D :D

The next morning after having a lovely breakfast Jules and I left earlier to spend some time in the capital (Jules first visit to Londan) and had a great 5 hours sight seeing the usual sights.......Big Ben, Houses of Parliment (of which as a cop myself had a good chat with the guys and girls of the Met Police outside No 10 etc etc etc ). Our train left Euston at 3.50pm direct to Chester and finally arrived home for 7pm on the dot !!!!

Anyway enough of my yappin and back down to business to sort my order of performance for my "gig" this coming Sat night as I am singing at a candle lit dinner dance held at the plush Wrexham Golf Club.....so must dash and make sure my bow tie and dinner suit is in tip top condition for the stage :lol:

Like I have promised Harry.......I will try and sort out a song, get it filmed and will post it on "YouTube" or send it as a file for you soon :D

Be good all and bless you all and best of luck for Matt Jnr on tour

Mark and Jules x x

PS.....******(MESSAGE FOR PAUL FROM JULES)******......... dont show the pic with my stockings to everyone across the big pond !!!!! :D :D hehehehe :D :D :D

MarkKnight

Post by MarkKnight » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:54 pm

Its me again.........Spelt LONDON wrong grrrrrrrrrr sorry lol :shock:

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:03 pm

Hi Kimberley, it was lovely meeting you too, and yes, Michele worked really hard. An event like this takes time and effort and a great deal of organising, but everyone seems to have enjoyed it.
We're sure that you will enjoy the Two excellent CDs, and so pleased that you won the raffle prize CDs too.
We'll let you know how the photos turn out. Meantime enjoy the music. We know you will :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marian

Post by Marian » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:37 pm

Hi Kimberley,
It was very nice to meet you on Tuesday, but we're sorry we didn't seem to get you in any of our photos at the end of the evening. Hopefully, you will be on some of the official ones. :lol:
Marian :D
Last edited by Marian on Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:19 pm

Hi Mark, glad that you and Jules enjoyed the event as much as we did. It was a great pleasure meeting you both.
So you've been seeing the sights and chatting to the London Bobbies in Downing Street then.
No invite in from Gordon for a glass of Lemonade then. 8)
Have a great evening on Saturday in Wrexham, sounds as though it will be a nice evening. Hopefully we can meet up again.
Meantime we will certainly look forward to the song Mark. :) :)

john

Post by john » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:01 am

How did all your photo's turn out? I have a few decent ones, but unfortunately the others have turned out a bit fuzzy. :cry: Still, I am sure that between us all we will have some decent ones to add to the scrapbook. 8)

Return to “Fans Reunited - Tuesday 2 October 2007”