THE SECOND FANS RE-UNITED MEET UP

Have you attended one of our events.
Share the experience with us
Hammond

THE SECOND FANS RE-UNITED MEET UP

Post by Hammond » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:30 pm

Hi Len & Freda

:lol: Can we introduce ourselves as the Ipswich Town supporters talking to you on Tuesday evening after the show and you told us that your son had a season ticket to Portman Road.

Glad they won on Saturday, we are hoping to go to see Ipswich play Charlton on December 8th if we can. If we do it will be the first time for us. Long distance supporters. Hope you enjoyed the day and got back to your caravan alright. It was lovely meeting you, hope to see you next year.

Up the Tractor Boys !! :D :D

Cheers
JANET HAMMOND

len & freda

Post by len & freda » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:41 pm

Hi Jeff and Jan

Nice of you to get in touch, it was nice meeting you, especially as I am a Girl of Kent, used to live in Rochester Way, Many years ago when I was little, my mum lived in Sidcup until 2004.

My son and grandson always go to see Ipswich play when they are at home

Got home safely on Thursday, glas we travelled then, seeing what happened on the A12 the next day.

Best wishes Freda and Len

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:24 pm

I know Geoff and Janet live in Bexleyheath--which is very near to Welling where I lived for many years--which of course is very near Sidcup!
Mariana

len & freda

Post by len & freda » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:32 am

Hi Marianna

Yes I went to school in Blackfen, we lived on the Rochester Way, in front of Danson Park,.

Dad worked at the Woolwich Arsenal, so when the bombing got too bad he was transferred to Staffordshire, after the war we came back to Sidcup.
Most of my family was from Plumstead.

mariana44

Post by mariana44 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:42 am

Hi Freda and Len--yes I know that area very well--we lived off Westwood Lane-going into Blackfen, in fact we did all our shopping at the big Supermarket there--forget which one it was now. And we often had a stroll around Danson Park. We actually moved away to Paddock Wood for about 8 years--then my husband wanted to move back, so we did--near Welling station--but it had changed so much--he hated it, and within a year we moved back to Paddock Wood which is where we have been ever since.
Mariana

Return to “Fans Reunited - Tuesday 2 October 2007”