Monday 20 September - The West Surrey Big Band Society

Administrator
Site Admin

Monday 20 September - The West Surrey Big Band Society

Post by Administrator » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:56 pm

I am thrilled to have been invited by Grant Waglan to speak at The West Surrey Big Band Society on Monday 20 September. The Society started back in 1973 as The Syd Lawrence Appreciation Society but changed its name to embrace the wider Big Band and Swing Era. They celebrated their 30th anniversary as West Surrey Big Band Society in September 2003. Their aim has been to keep the Big Band sound alive, to create new interest in the Dance and Swing Bands and associated Artistes and provide facilities for listening to "our kind of music" in comfortable surroundings with sound quality of the highest standard. This promises to be a great evening and excitingly they have opened up the event to non-members of the Society as well. I will be going on at 8.55pm for an hour and talking about my father, playing rare music and answering all your questions. The book will be on sale for anyone wanting a signed copy.

West Surrey Big Band Society @ 7.45pm – 10.15pm
The Poppy Room, Royal British Legion, The Street (A247) (Opp. Onslow Arms), West Clandon, Guildford, Surrey GU4 7TD – Admission £3.00
Contact: Grant Waglan (Grant James): surreysound@talktalk.net

http://www.wsbbs.co.uk

Rmoore

Re: Monday 20 September - The West Surrey Big Band Society

Post by Rmoore » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:04 pm

Return to “Monday 20 September 2010 - The West Surrey Big Band Society”