Matt Monro Jnr on Radio 2

Although EMI turned the project down it is now being considered by another record company but what would you like to hear on this follow up album?
Dorili

Matt Monro Jnr on Radio 2

Post by Dorili » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:52 pm

Can someone please tell me why we don't hear the tunes from Matt sings Monro on the Radio 2.
Is it may be you can listen to it and actually hear the words???
Mind you this week they actually did play a Matt Monro tune.
The number of people I talk to didn't even know there was a Matt Monro Jnr. I soon enlightened them, has anyone else had this experience,

Marian

Post by Marian » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:57 pm

Good to see you made it back to the forum again :D

Maybe you should write to Radio 2 about including more of Matt Jnr's songs, or the duets with his Dad.
Matt is now in the midst of his UK tour so I'm sure more people will get to know about him as he is covering many smaller venues this time.
Have you been to see him yet? It would be nice to read a review of the show. :D :D
Marian :D

Dorili

Post by Dorili » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:39 pm

Hi Marion,
I'm afraid the little grey cells were not working very well, and I completely forgot the names, but all is well that ends well.
And yes we have been to see him, we were able to see him at Gunton Hall Feb. 2008. that was brilliant for us, as it was the end of our Golden Wedding year, so it rounded it off nicely, had a chat with Matt after the show, so that put the icing on the cake. Then we saw him at Hunstanton Oct. 2008, and that was a treat for my husband Ted as it was his Birthday a few days before, and again we were priviledge to speak to him, and we are going to see him again in Oct 2009 at Hunstanton, we have booked a long weekend so please don't alter the date, had a email from Michelle and it seems fixed.
Funny you should say that about Radio 2, because I did just that, I emailed Terry Wogan, and it was him that played the Matt Monro tune, so there is hope. I have put a photo on of our meeting with Matt Jnr Feb 2008. haven't checked yet to see if Michelle has allowed it on, will do soon.
Thank you for answering, its nice to speak to someone who's on the same wave length.
Lilian

Marian

Post by Marian » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:49 pm

They were your names too Lilian!! Never mind, we all get senior moments. :wink: :lol:
I think you would get along famously with another very keen Matt Jnr fan who is a member on the forum, Freda, who with her husband Len were both very staunch fans, but sadly Len passed away last Christmas.
I believe they went to see Matt Jnr at Gunton Hall too.
I hope you have a really good time in Hunstanton at Matt's show in October.
Don't forget, we will want to hear all about it. :D :D
Keep pestering Radio 2! :lol:
Marian.

Marian

Post by Marian » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:18 pm

I see your photo with Matt Jnr is now in the photo album Lilian. :D

Dorili

Re: Matt Monro Jnr on Radio 2

Post by Dorili » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:53 pm

I'll keep having a go at the BBC, but I won't hold my breath.
Well we are all geared up and ready to go to Hunstanton for the week-end in October, just got to chivvy them up over the tickets, they don't seem to realise how important it is to get things organised.
I'm hoping we wil be able to get another photo with Matt Jnr. in October, I have quite a nice one of Matt & Colin at Gunton Hall, do you think they would like that in the frame? hasn't Colin got a cheeky face.
Lilian

Ginger

Post by Ginger » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:56 pm

Hi I hear that Sarah Kennedy is a Matt Monro Stalwart she has a show on radio 2 6.00am till 7.30am during the week i will try to contact her !

Dorili

Post by Dorili » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:53 pm

Thanks Ginger,
I only get to listen to the last half hour of her show,
which is a shame really, as her show is one of the most enjoyable half hours we get.
I didn't know she was a big fan, I might even have a word with her.

Marian

Post by Marian » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:07 am

I've just seen your latest photos in the photo album Lilian. They are very good. As you say a nice cheeky grin from Matt and Colin too. :lol: :lol:

telawrence

Post by telawrence » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:25 pm

I give talks on many subjects , one about the many people I've been fortunate to meet and photograph during my working life in the media, it includes Matt jrn. and like so many of you have mentioned , he is not known to many of the audiences , I soon put that right . we now a lot more people waiting for his returm concerts in the UK. Speaking to Matt jrn. at the Friends Reunited this year, he thought it could be 2 years before he returns, we can olny hope it will be sooner. Those of us at the evening event at EMI were lucky enough to hear Matt Jrn. sing several of our favourite songs, adding to that so very special day and evening.
Maggie Radcliffe

Return to “New Duets Album”