Sunday 10 January 2010 - BBC Radio Essex - Eric Hall

Marian

Re: BBC Radio Essex

Post by Marian » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:31 pm

Just listened in to Michele and Matt Jnr on Eric Hall's programme. (I thought you were going to venture out into the snow M&M!! )
Nice interview though, when Eric would let you get a word in.. and some lovely songs of your dad played too. Enjoyed hearing the Antony Newley one for the first time.
Hope to get the Special edition of the book to hear more special tracks.
Marian :D

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:32 pm

We heard it.
Nice to hear both Michele and Matt talking of their lovely Dad, to hear Matt's songs, " Portrait," "Time After Time, "On Days Like These " and even a little preview of an unheard recording that we can't wait to hear on the forthcoming CDs, and Matt the joker on an Anthony Newley number. :D :D
If only Eric would let them talk. That's just what we said Marian, but we actually used stronger words than that :D :D t

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:45 pm

We heard it too.Fabulous Matt tracks but Michele and Matt weren't given the chance to actually stress a lot about the importance of the book,the CD's and anything else.
Eric Hall made us swear!! :wink:

Marian

Post by Marian » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:38 pm

I thought it was also interesting to hear about Matt Jnr's new recording contract, and his new album "Dance With My Father Again."
:)

john

Post by john » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:45 pm

Just listened to the interview, really enjoyed it. I like Eric Hall, but he does tend to warble on a lot, he doesn't let anyone get a word in edgeways. Anyhow, Michele and Matt, you both did a great job. :D

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:20 am

He means well bubelahs, :D and it is his show, in case you didn't know after today.
He announced his show today was all about the great British singers, and then played a Jimmy Rosselli number :D :D :D :D

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:13 pm

We also listened to the Eric Hall interview yesterday and enjoyed it but like everyone else we thought Eric interrupted M & M too much.

We all have a lot to look forward to this year with the book and the two new CD's and also the good news about Matt Jnr's new recording contract and forthcoming tour.

It's at times like this when the internet comes into its own as we have listened to the interview again this morning on BBC iPlayer so for anyone who missed it just log on to

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

We know it's a bit late in the day but can we just wish everyone a very happy new year.

Cheers!

Maureen & Harry :) :)

Lena & Harry Smith

Post by Lena & Harry Smith » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:55 am

Thanks for your New Year wishes, Maureen and Harry. we wish you both the very best too.
Eric does get a bit excited on his show, but hopefully more people now know about the forthcoming book and music than they knew before. :D :D :D

Marian

Post by Marian » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:08 am

At least we know at least 9 0f his 27 listeners heard the show Lena! :lol: :lol:

michduncg

Post by michduncg » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:28 am

PS - Eric Hall is quoted as being 64 by Wikipedia, which would tie in with him working as a tea boy with Elton John! Apparently he discovered the Sex Pistols!
Michael

Here I go again, I hear those trumpets blow again.......

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:08 pm

BBC iplayer is only available for 7 days and often only to those of us in the UK

So I have posted the appearence Michele and Matt made on Eric Hall's show on the website for you all.

I will try and do this for as many appearances that I can - If anybody manages to record any appearances that are not posted here do let me know.

Here are the links to Eric Hall - In three parts.

http://mattmonro.com/Radio/Eric%20Hall%201.mp3
http://mattmonro.com/Radio/Eric%20Hall%202.mp3
http://mattmonro.com/Radio/Eric%20Hall%203.mp3

Note: For copyright reasons I have had to remove all music.

Richard

maureen & harry

Re: Sunday 10 January 2010 - BBC Radio Essex - Eric Hall

Post by maureen & harry » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Many thanks Richard for the the Michele & Matt appearance on Eric Hall's Radio Essex.

I tried to do this myself on the day of the interview and got as far as saving the interview into My Documents but when I came to play it back, Windows Media didn't recognise the file and wouldn't play it. The file had been saved with an MHTML format so I was wondering if you could tell me how to save future interviews in MP3 format or would I need special software - if so, I will wait for your postings on the forum.

Maureen & Harry :) :)

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Sorry Richard - just read my last post and found the deliberate mistake! It should have read that I saved the interview in My Documents.

Maureen

maureen & harry

Post by maureen & harry » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:24 pm

This is ridiculous - I am typing the word documents but it's printing it as the word none.

Hope this time it reads correctly.

Maureen

Rmoore

Post by Rmoore » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Evidently the 'Forum' thinks your swearing some how!

In future try spelling whatever it is with f.u.l.l.s.t.o.p.s.

There is no easy way. There are various bits of software out there to download shows, but none of them worked on this particular show. I ended up doing it the old fashioned way. I played it back in the studio an simaltaniously recorded it - nothing mega technical but not easily achived on a regular PC.

Richard

Return to “Sunday 10 January 2010 - BBC Radio Essex - Eric Hall”